'05 clunking/rattling noise at idle

IBLOWN

Registered
Guys,

My '05 is making this clunking/rattling noise at idle whether the clutch is pulled or not. Its almost like a diesel sound. I cant feel the noise but it can get quite noticeable. It goes away as soon as the revs climb.

Makes absolutely no difference with the clutch in or out.

Idle is set to 1100-1200rpm.

Only does it when fully warmed up.

Replaced the clutch about 2000 kms ago.

Any ideas?

Valve adjustment? Does it do it in gear and neutral? Pull the clutch and inspect

Its a very deep clunking. Doesnt sound anything like valves. It does it whether its in gear or not.

Just pulled the clutch. Looks ok other than the usual free movement of everything. When i move the clutch around back and forth by hand, it seems i can roughly replicate the sound.

All bolts were tight. Started it up and let it idle till the fan came on and off a few times. Doesnt seem to be making the noise again. I'll find out on my next ride i suppose lol.

I had a 2003 gixxer 750 that started to have a rattling noise, after looking over everything it turned out being a crank weight came loose, we had to Loctite and retighten it.

i didn't do any of the work but i remember they checked the whole bike over before finally finding a loose crank weight

Back