clutch mod question

dandell1982

Registered
i want to do the clutch mod before racing season...i see the parts they sell on brocks and other websites...but i also have a welder sittin about 10 feet away from my bike in the garage....would this work just as good? and what about the spacers that it comes with? any help would be appreciated

i use a welded stock clutch hub and then i put in 3 heavy duty springs with 3 stock springs with no problems

Brock's hub is a bit lighter than stock. From what I'm told, the spacers are used to help keep the clutch from slipping at high speeds. I'm guessing the stiffer springs goodluck mentioned would have the same effect.

That's correct Nightcrawler, you can use the spacers in place of the heavy springs.
Goodluck is correct.
I use all 6 heavy springs because I want all my power on top end without a slipping problem.
The welded huib will work just as well as the hi$$$ aftermarket ones.
Be sure and line it up well when welding it and try to line the dot on the center with the dot on the outer.
You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it apart.

hmmm now you got me wanting to do this
cool.gif

thanks for the info....i took it apart yesterday and i'm gonna weld it today...can i use the stock springs still or will it slip? unless i can find some springs or spacers in the mean time...i hate ordering and waiting

Back