Clutch Mods

1badasbusa

Registered
Hey Guys sorry for beating this to death I'm sure. I have a 2000 busa and want to upgrade the clutch from it's annoying chatter on a hard launch. I wanted to see which one you would recommend.

The Brock

or the Carpentter http://www.carpenterracing.com/clutch_cushion.htm

The clutch mod or just the cushion mod? and what about the clutch cam part?
rock.gif

Thanks
http://www.puresynthetics.com

You dont need either. You can buy 3 pieces from ronayers.com that will stop the chatter and make up shifting a lot easier. I did it on my 01 and am loving it no chatter easier shifting.

I went with the Carpenter clutch ring mod...Just got it installed but have not had a chance to try it out...
evil.gif

These only work for pre 02 bikes to stop all the rattling.

Part number 21471-24foo
21472-24foo
21442-24foo

the o may be zeros cant read my writing. anyway parts cost about 30 bucks. Real easy to install take about 30-45 mins if you can find the clutch fibers
blush.gif
If you need instructions let me know. If you want to get rid of the klunking and missed shifts this will do. Havent tried it on the street yet.

sorry typo havent tried it on the track yet
biggrin.gif

I am in the same situation, I have to replace my clutch (50000KM) ... And I was wondering about improving the cluth feeling. I saw the BDE Ultra Clutch Mod .. That is a complete replacement of the stock cam assembly... I prefer replacing the part instead of welding it togetter. Also they where saying that the weight loss of that new part is impressive and could also lead to some advantage. I have kinda 2 questions, in their kits its like either you get the full kit with lever and all kind of stuff and spring and all, + Ultra clutch mod.. 220+160... A little too much for me.. Where can I buy only the BDE clutch mod + the cusion mod....

I allready order my "genuine" hayabusa clutch from suzuki, and some HD Spring to go with it.... Should I still install the spring spacer that comes with the Ultra mod?.... And is only Brocks Davidson Enterprise sell that part? Is there any local dealer that sell those parts?

Thanks!

Back