Clutch master cylinder for softer pull?

I've put a Galespeed VRC clutch master(to match my brake) on my bike.Mew clutch line,heli bars,boost by Smith harness so the clutch starts the bike without the clutch switch.
Without the helibars I think there'll be clearance issues.
Without the harness the bike can't be started safely(unless you find a way to sort the switch).
At the end of the day I did it to match the master to the brake side.It ended up being a bit of work but I have it all working now and my bronze rizoma reservoir too:banana:.

I love how it feels but I didn't dislike the feel of the stocker then either.
I think the travel distance is greater(I think mine is a 16x17 mc.Not sure on the effort needed to pull it as I don't remember stock.
I feel you must be stop go traffic a lot for it to be a problem.
If I'm in traffic I just put it into N when I'm stopped unless the traffic is moving.
Go and do some weights or take a BJJ or Thai Boxing class.The grip work in BJJ or Muay Thai will sort the issue in a few weeks.

I've put a Galespeed VRC clutch master(to match my brake) on my bike.Mew clutch line,heli bars,boost by Smith harness so the clutch starts the bike without the clutch switch.
Without the helibars I think there'll be clearance issues.
Without the harness the bike can't be started safely(unless you find a way to sort the switch).
At the end of the day I did it to match the master to the brake side.It ended up being a bit of work but I have it all working now and my bronze rizoma reservoir too:banana:.

I love how it feels but I didn't dislike the feel of the stocker then either.
I think the travel distance is greater(I think mine is a 16x17 mc.Not sure on the effort needed to pull it as I don't remember stock.
I feel you must be stop go traffic a lot for it to be a problem.
If I'm in traffic I just put it into N when I'm stopped unless the traffic is moving.
Go and do some weights or take a BJJ or Thai Boxing class.The grip work in BJJ or Muay Thai will sort the issue in a few weeks.
Have you got any pics

Yes.
A few non related just because:beerchug:

20211004_094437.jpg

20211004_094350.jpg

20211004_094255.jpg

20211004_094229.jpg

20211004_094819.jpg

20211004_094842.jpg

Any luck with your mastercylinder installs bro ?
Hey!
Way over due, but winter came and the bike went away. But now it's out again! Clutch slave sylinder gave up the ghost a week ago. New one arrived yesterday, so today I've been turning wrenches. The RCS17 is mounted up with a goodridge line and the banjo clutch switch works. Have yet to take it for a test drive, but tested on the stand, and it seems to be working good. Actuation is about mid pull (might be some air left still, bleeding it was a b****.)

Hey!
Way over due, but winter came and the bike went away. But now it's out again! Clutch slave sylinder gave up the ghost a week ago. New one arrived yesterday, so today I've been turning wrenches. The RCS17 is mounted up with a goodridge line and the banjo clutch switch works. Have yet to take it for a test drive, but tested on the stand, and it seems to be working good. Actuation is about mid pull (might be some air left still, bleeding it was a b****.)
It will be interesting to get some feedback when in use. I second Ottafish regarding the banjo switch, from my understanding it actuates to early in the lever movement which messes with the ECU map during gear changes.

Had my first test run. My first impression is that overall lever travel is shorter than original. Lever pull is also alot smoother all the way trough. I would say engagement point is about the same as stock, but since overall movement is shorter, it feels a bit quicker. Lever pull is softer, but not by a great amount, but force is constant all the way trough.
*disclaimer* I did go to the smaller 02< slave cylinder, that might make the biggest difference.

Back