Clutch master cylinder size?

haynes2242

Registered
2005 Hayabusa

I am looking to replace my clutch and brake master cylinder with a radial set. I’ve searched the forum and could not locate an answer as to what is the size of the stock (oem) hydraulic piston for the clutch and front brake master cylinders? Any guidance or thread link in this is much appreciated. Thank you.

I don’t know the OEM size, but a lot of us that went brembo, went either with the adjustable ratio or the RCS 16 and I personally, am really happy with it. You will need a hydraulic clutch safety switch. It took me a bit to find what worked and had to cut threads to be able to tighten it right. I think I saved the packaging in case I ever needed to order another one, so let me know if you need part numbers and I can dig them out of the garage.

Reactions: c10
Thank you for your reply and okay, I will keep that in mind. I’ve seen a good amount of threads regarding the Brembo’s. My issue with my clutch at the moment is the dust cover boot has cracked and tore... this hasn’t been a huge worry for me (just discovered it) but the bike has had sticky type clutch disengagement’s that have seemingly increased in occurrences. I found these but noticed the 12.7mm hydraulic piston and have been searching for the correct size ever since. Brembo’s aren’t off the table but with the price I’d rather purchase a rebuild kit for my master cylinder and get the Brembo’s at a later time.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271870800363

Thank you for your reply and okay, I will keep that in mind. I’ve seen a good amount of threads regarding the Brembo’s. My issue with my clutch at the moment is the dust cover boot has cracked and tore... this hasn’t been a huge worry for me (just discovered it) but the bike has had sticky type clutch disengagement’s that have seemingly increased in occurrences. I found these but noticed the 12.7mm hydraulic piston and have been searching for the correct size ever since. Brembo’s aren’t off the table but with the price I’d rather purchase a rebuild kit for my master cylinder and get the Brembo’s at a later time.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271870800363
I would rebuild my stock MC before getting Chinese ones. I know some members here have installed brembo brake MC off a Yamaha R1 on their bikes, but I’m not sure if there is a clutch MC off another bike that would work on the busa. You are right about the price on brembo a though, they are ridiculously expensive.

I just want to pop in a remark about photofukit. Nobody can see your pics. It's useless unless you pay the fee. Use the forum pics function. I'm never going back to PB even if they go free again.

I would rebuild my stock MC before getting Chinese ones. I know some members here have installed brembo brake MC off a Yamaha R1 on their bikes, but I’m not sure if there is a clutch MC off another bike that would work on the busa. You are right about the price on brembo a though, they are ridiculously expensive.

I’m running a Brembo MC off an R1 on my Busa. Had it on there for years now with no issue. I wanna say it came off a 2009 or so R1

I just want to pop in a remark about photofukit. Nobody can see your pics. It's useless unless you pay the fee. Use the forum pics function. I'm never going back to PB even if they go free again.
Ive ask Captain how to remove it, i cant. As for Photobucket I have never used them, nor was the pic that was in the Sig line.

Oh I see, that's your sig. I thought you were showing a pic of the Brembo MC. How weird---! I would charge them a monthly fee for use of your signature and if they don't pay sue them for internet invasion.

I’m running a Brembo MC off an R1 on my Busa. Had it on there for years now with no issue. I wanna say it came off a 2009 or so R1

I’m looking into the R1 m/c conversion 1busa...do you remember which year will work? I know you said yours might be an 09 and have been reading other people using 04 for some reason

Tons of info out there your gonna have to google....

All I know for sure is an 09 bolts on a Gen1 Busa no problem. Don’t know enough about the Yamaha’s to tell you when they started putting Brembo’s on their bikes

According to Magura the bore size is stamped on the under ( or ) back side . Gen 2 shows 1/2 .
This possibly means 12.5 mm bore , but i'm not sure . Have sent a photo in a email to Magura for assistance on this matter . Matt should let me know in a day or two . I also asked the pros , and cons of being to small or large on bore size . Will include this also .

Back