Clutch Lever Side Safety Switch 08 Model

FILT166

Registered
on the clutch lever side there's a safety switch and it's messing up when trying to start the bike.
It's not the starter button or kickstand switch
Have any of you all had this problem and did you replac or just bypass this switch?

Mine is temperamental since I wrecked on that side, but I just adjust my lever all the way out. Did you adjust yours to see if that's it?

You can't just bypass the switch, the ECU will read it as clutch in all the time and you won't get any power.
I took mine apart and cleaned it a couple times but they get weak after awhile and need to be replaced.
They are 15 bucks from Motosport.

Do you have aftermarket levers ? have you dropped or wrecked your bike on the clutch side ? I had an aftermarket lever that was severely damaged in a wreck and I placed duct tape on the cam of the lever to fix my issue. With the bike off you can pull the clutch in and hear the clutch switch click.

Just replaced mine, she fired right up, I got an extra, just in case it does it again. It was like 27$. very easy to do the switch out

It clicks, I cleaned it or just barely cleaned it as it seems like a window switch setup.
When you clean the contacts it can get worse.
If I barely pull it in and it clicks it usually starts.
Pull in all the way and it won't. '
The more you pull it in, u can see the contacts kinda move more to not centered.
I like the levers position as its perfect for me.
Stock levers and it just started happening no drops or accidents.
I'll just buy a new one since mj13truck posted it'll lose power with it bypassed.

DO NOT, bypass, it will cause a false rev limiter, on Gen 1 and 2 bikes!

I purchased a back up switch from Suzuki and it's in a sealed container under my seat just in case the clutch switch fails because I don't want to be left broke down away from home.

Reactions: Ham
I purchased a back up switch from Suzuki and it's in a sealed container under my seat just in case the clutch switch fails because I don't want to be left broke down away from home.
I may do the same thing. Have to add that to my on the road survival kit.

A piec of wire touching both wires or prongs on sensor will start the bike instead of buying another sensor.
Just incase this happens to anyone who can't get it started

Back