Clutch lever sticking

SANDFLEA85

Registered
just changed out my resevoirs from stock to chrome so i had to remove and re install the guts.now when i am releasing the clutch it has a sticking point on the actual lever where the pin meets it.it sticks(the pin) then releases causeing a jump when starting from a standstill.I removed the pin and turned it around thinking it may be upside down (both ends are identical)the clutch lever is the same one i have been using all along without problem so im kinda stumped as to why it is sticking all of a sudden...any input appreciated

If the chrome process got some down in there where the pin goes its going to make it smaller diameter and could cause it to stick. You could try cleaning out the hole with a file or something very lightly and see if your problem goes away. I put a very small dab of grease in there where the bolt goes through to keep mine from squeaking. You could try that as well. I'll bet though that it got smaller because of the chrome process though...

your probably right,ill have to give that a try.thing is it didnt do it at first.it was probably the 3rd time i took it out since changeing them but i will try anything right now since i feel like a tool when taking off from a light,it would appear to everyone that im launching at a strip since i have to throttle up or it will stall out when it jumps..

honestly.i have been working 16hrs every day and havent even looked at it,but will be home at 4pm today,i'' look at it then and get back to ya

fixed it last nite,clutch lever pin was in backwards,one side is fatter then the other,this is the side that needs to go to clutch lever,i had the skinny side out and this caused the soft chrom aluminum levers i had to dimple makeing a pothole if you will,i used a dremmel with a round sounding head to smooth it out and shes as smooth as silk now

Back