Chrome Blade levers

SANDFLEA85

Registered
JUST got these yesterday,the clutch lever doesnt allow enough travel to disengage the clutch b4 hitting the grip,and the opening for the pin that enters the resevoir is completely open leaving the potential to actually lose the pin while rideing and then there is no way to engage or disengage the clutch,there is also alot of play with the clutch lever,although they looked great on the bike they are anything but functional and are going back on monday....if anyone else has these id like to know if you have had the same issues,i do have after market grips on my bike but even the stock grips i dont think would allow enough room.only thing i see possible working is to install a bigger pin in the resevoir,not even sure if there is such a thing out there,would need to be about 1/4" longer

chrome_levers.jpg

Same problem here , I got the same set on my 05 and same problems here too , but I'm still using ...

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Short Pazzo on my 06 (i think they are the best in market) ,

Same problem here , I got the same set on my 05 and same problems here too , but I'm still using ...

Short Pazzo on my 06 (i think they are the best in market) ,
well,good to know its just not me,but how are you using them?? on mine the clutch would never FULLY disengage??

Guys, I have the same levers. There should be a brass bushing that slips into the hole of the clutch lever. You should have the one in your stock lever that you can use in the new one. Mine was lost so I used a brass bushing from the local hardware store and drilled a hole into the side of it for the clutch actuator to fit into. I ordered the corrcet piece from the shop but haven't had the time or need to change it yet.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

JUST got these yesterday,the clutch lever doesnt allow enough travel to disengage the clutch b4 hitting the grip,and the opening for the pin that enters the resevoir is completely open leaving the potential to actually lose the pin while rideing and then there is no way to engage or disengage the clutch,there is also alot of play with the clutch lever,although they looked great on the bike they are anything but functional and are going back on monday....if anyone else has these id like to know if you have had the same issues,i do have after market grips on my bike but even the stock grips i dont think would allow enough room.only thing i see possible working is to install a bigger pin in the resevoir,not even sure if there is such a thing out there,would need to be about 1/4" longer
Maybe there is a way to have a hole tapped into the handle and a screw or something inserted to make up the difference.

Maybe there is a way to have a hole tapped into the handle and a screw or something inserted to make up the difference.
No. There is a bushing that slips into the hole to engage the cluth actuator piston.

DEVLDOG , mine don't have problems about fully disengaging , in fact "first vr4" 's message explains everything ...

HMM...wonder why it came without it,the other two sets of levers i have are after market also and dont have the "bushing" you speak of,you said you ordered on.....do you have a link cause i'd definately like to keep them

thanks

HMM...wonder why it came without it,the other two sets of levers i have are after market also and dont have the "bushing" you speak of,you said you ordered on.....do you have a link cause i'd definately like to keep them

thanks
I don't have a link. I just went to my local Suzuki dealer and told them what part I needed. I went to the hardware store and sized up a brass bushing and drilled a hole slightly larger than the clutch actuator piston so it can work freely. The bushing must be flared on one side so it cannot fall out of the clutch lever. I did this so I didn't lose any ridin time!
Hope this helped,
Shawn

thanks
Just use the bushing that is in the stock lever. It comes out and, then just install it in the new levers.

I like the look they would match my bleades on the rear of the Green Dragon. Sorry to hear that they do not work well.

thanks
Just use the bushing that is in the stock lever.  It comes out and, then just install it in the new levers.
He doesn't have them. I believe he already had aftermarket levers on?
I was actually out today and happened to see a Hayabusa from Florida in my neck of the woods that had stock levers on and was also missing this bushing!

I went to the shop and they had the brass insert in stock $3 and some change..part#59892-08A00....

BTW,it doesnt come flanged but once actuator pin is inserted there is no way for it to fall out,i asked why it wouldnt be flanged and was told it would just create friction if it was,seems like a good answer,will install it 2nite in the levers and see if it makes a difference,if not i may be selling them cheap if anyone wants them since NYCPARTS has a no return on opened items...thats cool,i cant blame them.will let yous know how they fit with insert.

Back