FP Tactical lever problem.

my slight touch at lock wont even actuate the brake light or apply any braking pressure. and it only happens enough to move the lever on setting 6. still not enough to apply any pressure.

ive seen those older threads about the pazzos and thats why i did not buy them. even though it seems to be a 50/50 shot at whether people have a problem or not.

I hear ya....I passed on the Pazzos for the very same reason.

It's a bummer for sure about your particular issue....it appears you are being affected quite a bit more then what the others or myself have experienced. Hopefully it will be an easy fix for you to correct it.

this isnt a "subtle" issue with me. im talking with fp right now. tim already posted above i should talk to them.

i doubt a refund will happen as they are engraved.

kinda weird how everyone is ok with a part having less function than the stock piece, just cause it looks cool.

this isnt my first time to deal with aftermarket, wont be the last, but for nobody to have a problem with this, is kinda amazing to me. no info on here about it either.

theres has been two group buys on this product. and no info about the range of adjustment being limited.

im ok with the slight touching at lock with the brake lever. and the fact it cant be on setting 6 because i wouldnt put it there anyway. it has full function and can be adjusted a little in and out from where i use it. but the clutch side is just ridiculous.

You may need to adjust the clutch switch slightly. Like Tim said it is only in position one that has the problem. Position two and up have been okay from the threads I've seen and my own experience.

There's a little screw attached to the switch and if you loosen that screw there is some horizontal movement that can be worked out that may get you in the same boat as the rest of us with only position one not working.

Picture worth a thousand words. Here is the specific issue. Look at the difference in the perch of the stock vs fp (circled). Here is where the problem is.

Just be nice and give FP a chance to make the corrections I'm sure they will.

IMG_0362 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Picture worth a thousand words. Here is the specific issue. Look at the difference in the perch of the stock vs fp (circled). Here is where the problem is.

Just be nice and give FP a chance to make the corrections I'm sure they will.

if you line the pivot and the hole where the plug goes, you can see the difference in lever throws as well.

didnt see where i wasn't being nice.

You may need to adjust the clutch switch slightly. Like Tim said it is only in position one that has the problem. Position two and up have been okay from the threads I've seen and my own experience.

There's a little screw attached to the switch and if you loosen that screw there is some horizontal movement that can be worked out that may get you in the same boat as the rest of us with only position one not working.

thanks i'll try that. didnt know there was any adjustment there. :beerchug:

if you line the pivot and the hole where the plug goes, you can see the difference in lever throws as well.

didnt see where i wasn't being nice.

Didn't say you weren't :beerchug:

I've never seen any switch adustment either i'll try that too if i can find one. This lever is same lever for Gixxer 1K and has the same problem.

This is a problem specifically with the C01 model: Gen II Busa, GSXR-1000 and a few others (using same perch).

GEN I also uses the CO1..and the B01 versus the B25 for the GEN II.

I have a set to put on my 05 so I will follow this thread.

My Pazzos work great on my 06 with 3/4" risers....no hitting or engagement problems.

Just found this thread and i'm a bit worried about my FP levers now. I just got them for my Gen 2 and i'll be working on the install later this afternoon. Hopefully everything will work well.

Finished the install on my Gen II. It went awesomely. No issues at all. They look and feel great.

Maybe you got the new-style perches....It's been a hit/miss proposition, less than 50% have issues. Appears the difference is within the manufacturing tolerance (which means some are gonna have the problem and some are not)...

Back