Clutch Lever Push Pin Boot?

03TBUSA

Registered
Ok switched clutch lever but accidentally pulled the small ribbed pin out of boot under reservoir. Can't slide it back into the boot. Does anyone know a trick to doing this? :banghead:

Yessir, I just done went thru the WHOLE mess myself. Get youself a little pair of needlenose pliers and GENTLY coax the rubber boot out of the socket. It pulls free with a little bit of effort. The rubber is VERY thin and rips easily so BEE CAREFUL..!! Once you have the boot out of the hole, get a little silicone grease and grease everything up, then slide it back onto the pin and into the holding grooves. At this point, clean the hole out with a rag so the boot will slide in easier. Then put the pin and boot back in the hole, push the boot in with the end of a smooth little paintbrush or somthing that won't pierce the rubber. Don't use a screwdriver..!!
Now you are ready to put the lever back on, be sure to put a little grease on rubbing surfaces.
Good luck on your project, I couldn't find any other "trick" to doing it.
BB

Yessir, I just done went thru the WHOLE mess myself. Get youself a little pair of needlenose pliers and GENTLY coax the rubber boot out of the socket. It pulls free with a little bit of effort. The rubber is VERY thin and rips easily so BEE CAREFUL..!! Once you have the boot out of the hole, get a little silicone grease and grease everything up, then slide it back onto the pin and into the holding grooves. At this point, clean the hole out with a rag so the boot will slide in easier. Then put the pin and boot back in the hole, push the boot in with the end of a smooth little paintbrush or somthing that won't pierce the rubber. Don't use a screwdriver..!!
Now you are ready to put the lever back on, be sure to put a little grease on rubbing surfaces.
Good luck on your project, I couldn't find any other "trick" to doing it.
BB
Well. I f'd up. Tried tweezers and tipped the damn thing.:banghead: He's a tiny tear that's really unnoticeable when all together. Looked at a new one and looks like Ima have to order a master cylinder pin kit for 29.99 just for that little rubber. Ima wait a little while before I order it. I'll just avoid spraying watrr near it. Thanks for the reply tho Blue

Well. I f'd up. Tried tweezers and tipped the damn thing.:banghead: He's a tiny tear that's really unnoticeable when all together. Looked at a new one and looks like Ima have to order a master cylinder pin kit for 29.99 just for that little rubber. Ima wait a little while before I order it. I'll just avoid spraying watrr near it. Thanks for the reply tho Blue

You can get the Master cylinder pin kit off Ebay for 13 bucks, that's where I got mine. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send you the URL from the Ebay auction (Buy it Now) I won.
BB

Back