clutch letting out late

ADAM79

Registered
I went and looked at a 05 with 11k on the clock and the clutch seemed to release late. Half way out or so and then the clutch would release. I talked to the seller days later and he said the clutch lever was adjusted out, on the adjustment wheel on the top of the clutch lever.

I was told buy a local shop that busa's release later than most bikes. Is this true and could the adjustment wheel been set to close causing me to let more clutch lever out before it released? The bike was in really good condition and did not look like it had been abused.

Adam

I was told a hydraulic clutch will never change in feel....... in regards to clutch wear. Suzuki/Honda service tech.

I've been able to feel a difference in my clutch lever (amount of travel) from a worn out clutch. Also some air in the line would give a really soft feel.

bleed the clutch. My bike is the same way. A tech told me there was probly an air bubble in the line:thumbsup:

I had the same issue.Lack of adjustability but the brocks cam adjuster made it much better.B4 it felt like it caught right b4 fully extended.Now i can have it fully engaged about 1/4 to 1/2 way out.

Last edited:
My bike has been like this forever, and it has definitely been a problem at the track. Riding on the street is never noticable.

I see about 75% that release close to the bar, the rest are further away.

I have never been able to figure out why, been through multiple clutch packs, changed almost all the parts in the clutch system, etc.......

Back