Clutch won't release

pat11784

Registered
Please help....Hadn't been on bike in awhile...now the clutch is not releasing?Clutch lever and slave cylinder seem fine...I bled them just in case and thru the oil fill hole you can see the clutch pack separating almost 3/16-1/4 in-which seems fine. The service dept said probably clutch discs just froze together and won't release and to try jarring them loose so I've tried running it on the center stand in various gears and slamming on the rear brake briefly but nothing yet. Service guy said unlikely for it to be a warped clutch plate since it worked fine when I parked it.Anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance.

Anyword update on what the problem was?
rock.gif

update...I opened up the clutch side cover and took apart the clutch ...most of the steel drive plates had surface rust where they were in contact with the pads of the fiber plates. I buffed the steels with steel wool to remove the surface rust,reoiled everything,and reassembled. Problem solved...unfrozen...it dragged a bit until everything bedded itself in. The dealer parts guy agreed-not using something can be harder on it than using it.
beerchug.gif

Glad ya got 'er fixed up.

Thanks for posting up the solution.

--Wag--

Back