Clock says CHEC & Oil light on but there's oil?

CrustyOreo

Registered
I had my bike idling for 15 minutes and when I shut it off, the oil light lit up and the clock said CHEC. I held the bike upright and the sight glass is full on the oil.

I took a video of what the bike sounds like. Something sounds off.

[video=youtube_share;LfFvQ_9yHNM]http://youtu.be/LfFvQ_9yHNM[/video]

It seems like if you just barely crack the throttle quickly, it's not happy and makes a noise in protest.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I think you are over thinking this. When you shut down you will get an oil light and CHEC will be displayed. If you are running and the light goes out, you have oil pressure.

The cracking of the throttle sound you here could be out of sync throttle bodies.

I hear no engine sounds that would let me think you were low or no oil pressure.

Tom and i are thinking alike on this. So as Don always said " Grip It and Rip It " :beerchug:

First, I would not let the bike idle for 15 minutes, they can overheat quickly if they are not moving. Second, if the bike is turned off, the chec and oil light being on is normal. Wouldnt worry unless you get an oil light with the bike running.

First, I would not let the bike idle for 15 minutes, they can overheat quickly if they are not moving. Second, if the bike is turned off, the chec and oil light being on is normal. Wouldnt worry unless you get an oil light with the bike running.

I got it up to operating temp (once the fan turned on) and then shut it off. The bike has been sitting since 2007 so I'm trying to slowly get it used to running again.

Thanks guys!
I'll sync the TBs tomorrow. Does this site have a guide or DIY?

Syncing isn't a 30 minute project. If you are going to to DIY and yes we have articles here on how to, be prepared to make a half day out of it. Fook it up and your bike will run like CRAPIOCA.

I've synced flatsides carbys and vacuum carbs before so I know what the deal is. Never done a fuelly bike though.

The process is the same. The tough part is getting to what you need to. But if you have that experience discussed, this will be cake.

I got it up to operating temp (once the fan turned on) and then shut it off. The bike has been sitting since 2007 so I'm trying to slowly get it used to running again.

Cool deal, have read some threads where folks forgot and left it running too long to find their baby boiled over. Not saying you would do that, but it has always scared me to leave a bike running for any length of time without me on it. :laugh:

Never done it but from memory you have to do them in a certain order and don't try to make them perfect bc you can't. I would probably check it and if it were close leave it.

Back