Clear Wheels

They did a article on that bike in Cycle World SportBike Mag. The LRG bike made for some skateboard/clothing tycoon for his company.
2 wheels=12,000.
If you build it, they will BUY!

:poke:

Hey, do you know how much the thing cost total?
Cause that's precisely what I want to do to my bike if I had the money.

Hey, do you know how much the thing cost total?
Cause that's precisely what I want to do to my bike if I had the money.

The Article said that they were trying to get 5 legit orders to build that bike @ $50,000 a piece. If so they would build 10 and sell the rest. also for that price, color was your option and they would throw in some engine mods. But believe it or not that bike is pretty much stock except for the appearance MODS.

I was just watching a bike show on tv and they were talking to the guy who built and designed those wheels...the guy is now working on a completely clear rim...thats gonna be crazy looking

Psssh, clear wheels. Call me when he does clear tires. Now that would be off the hizzy.

Wonder what they would look like after a 200hp shot of juice??? Probably more like 100 piece wheels .......:rofl:
Don't get me wrong, they are pretty cool lookin, but as was said earlier, for a trailered show bike maybe. I don't see them taking a 500-700hp bike down the track ever... For 6 grand, I'll turbo my bike.But that's just me. Somebody else will think diff, and that's cool. I love america...

There's a few aftermarket wheels you don't run behind a 500-700hp bike. Come on, what show bike or show cruiser do you see making big HP numbers? They were made for stock to mild tune sportbikes in which 90% of them out there are. They are DOT legal. That's gotta stand for something. Look how far the mindset with carbon fiber wheels has come in the last 10years.

I think it's just a matter of us getting used to them. The more people buy and use them, the more we will hear about them and so on.

Last edited:
I guess I'm old fashioned, I like metal. Raydog

P1010331.JPG

You can't beat the look of those CZ's. I have the same set in Gloss black.

:thumbsup: I like 'em. I think they would look sweet in a black rim. Too much money for me though. I really like the truly unique ideas some people come up with.

They look a little weird to me but they are working on a clear wheel that is completely clear you won't see the white border where the wheel is mounted at. Its from the same company. err .. didn't notice some one else put that info up my bad

Last edited:
No...no you couldn't. And if you did manage to put something together they would not be DOT approved.

Yes... yes you could.
You know the dimensions of your current wheels.
You know the highest strength plastic you can buy. Fab some aluminum/steel/carbon (etc) rims, mount the plastic in there and fab the rest.

Yes. You definitely could, for a lot less money that $6k.

Yes... yes you could.
You know the dimensions of your current wheels.
You know the highest strength plastic you can buy. Fab some aluminum/steel/carbon (etc) rims, mount the plastic in there and fab the rest.

Yes. You definitely could, for a lot less money that $6k.
I'd rather let a company do it that has gone thru trial and error to make the best wheel possible. I see so many things goin wrong with doing it urself...sometimes u just gotta pay up...it cost $ to look good:laugh:

You can do whatever you wanna do but if you make your own wheels you better be sure they are gonna holdup or it could cost you your life, is it worth paying the extra money? In that case, yes. Is it worth it? NO. What they need to do is sell em cheaper so people start buying them, get lots of them thrown out there, and watch business boom. I doubt they get many orders for these, if they even have. They are probably pretty lightweight too, and with a product easy to keep clean.

Last edited:
It seems nowadays, DOT approval doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to use.

Look at all the recalls going out for DOT approved items.

DOT is just another mafia outfit standing in your way with their hands out waiting for you to pay up so they can say you're legal for use on public streets.

The wheels look weak but when you look at the amount of plastic supporting the tire, I see like 12 inches of plexi or whatever it is supporting it. Not the 4 inches wide or whatever.

When you sit on the bike, and even when taking turns the focus of weight is towards the axle of the wheel, not the side. Inertia is pulling the bike out in a turn, not down.

I would consider it to be stronger then carbon fiber rims. Carbon fiber is strong as hell for it's weight but it can still be subject to cracking.

Back