Chrome Stator Cover Mod.

geecare

Registered
Installation 101:

1. With the left lower fairing removed and place in a secured soft area,
remove the negative battery connection. This will allow the cover to come off and on without a magnetic field, which may save you from being pinched while installing the new one. With a socket, remove all cover bolts and place in order on a towel. (pic 1-2)

2. Place an oil pan, just in case there may be residual dripping. Upon pulling the cover off, there will be two gasket studs. One located at 9 o clock and the other around 3 o clock. If you want to save your old gasket, these will need to be pulled out. If not, just pull away. (pic 3-4)

3. Clean up gaskets and with an allen wrench remove the two small allens to the wiring harness and place in a safe place. Remove the harness and medal shield and install it into the new cover in the same way you took it out. Use blue lock tight and torque to specs. (Spec at end)

Using a larger allen head wrench, remove the three large allens and set in sequence on the towel. Remove coil rotor and place in new cover. Use blue lock tight and torque to spec. (Spec at end) (pic 5)

4. Reinstall and hand tight bolts with blue lock tight. Torque to spec. (Spec at end). (pic 6)

5. Reinstall fairing.

Hope this saves you time and questions. Happy riding.

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Torque specs are as follows: 10 Nm for cover bolts, 5.5 Nm for sensor bolts and 10 Nm for stator bolts.

One more bit of info.

Do this on a bike stand and not using your kickstand or you will loose alot of oil when you pull the old one off. Bike should be straight up and down.

I didnt know about the Battery and the Magnetic feild, That would have come in handy when I did mine. ( Watch those fingers )

Ah yes, forgot to emphasize keeping the bike level and on a rear stand and not to do this on a kick stand. Thanks Demmym.

Torque specs are as follows: 10 Nm for cover bolts, 5.5 Nm for sensor bolts and 10 Nm for stator bolts.

How do you measure that with regular tool? How tight is 10Nm, 5.5 Nm?
Also do you guys always use the blue locktite when you put bolts back together?
Thanks!

Not sure I want to post an opinion on how to do it in a non spec. way, so I won't. But blue lock tight should be a regular practice, when performing any mechanical procedure to your Busa. At least that's what Clymer writes.

Nice cover Paul!! :cheerleader:

Waiting for PPM to announce the right side matched cover is available for the Busa! :thumbsup:

Paul, when you get the bike all back together, shoot a side-shot pic of the bike so all can see what it looks like with the PPM see-thru cover on. Inquiring minds want to know. :laugh: :thumbsup:

How do you measure that with regular tool? How tight is 10Nm, 5.5 Nm?
Also do you guys always use the blue locktite when you put bolts back together?
Thanks!
When you put the stator coils back in the cover ALWAYS use loctite (stats the same thing in the manual)

you will need an inch pound torque wrench to do this job (not many ft pound torque wrenches are accurate at such low settings..

1 Nm = 8.851 inch pounds 10X8.8=88 in pounds or 7.3Ft lbs

Got a message yesterday that they are almost finished with the matching right side Clutch cover.

We're talking 3-4 weeks it'll be available for me to order them to send out. :cheerleader:

130806d1235494054-chrome-stator-cover-mod-img_3014.jpg

Back