CHECK THIS OUT MAN!!!!!

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
This is sick.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Odd%20Pics%202/Grizzly.html

bigdawg_platinum.jpg

Something to think about when you avid hunters are looking to shoot bambi and instead a pissed off steroid version of Smokey charges at you. You know if there's one out there this big, there's another one bigger. I'll stick with chicken and fish (from the frozen food isle at the local Food Lion thank you very much).

bigdawg_platinum.jpg

oh hell no. It's too bad he shot the bugger. I know he was in danger and everything, but geez....

I guess it just makes me a little sad to know that killing something that scares us is the first thing that comes to mind fer a lot of people.

oh hell no. It's too bad he shot the bugger. I know he was in danger and everything, but geez....

I guess it just makes me a little sad to know that killing something that scares us is the first thing that comes to mind fer a lot of people.
You're right man, how sweet would that have been in a zoo or national park. The only thing I have to say is the thing was charging him. My God I don't know if I could have shot a building at a time like that.

The article, if truthful, also said the bear had killed other people, so it's possibly not a bad thing that he was shot...

Think his shorts were clean after that thing was chasing him??? Especially after the first 5 or 6 shots didn't stop it.

There was a bear alert in Banff Alberta About 25 years ago and the woods were closed. Two kids from Calgary (about 1 hour east) stole a car the police gave chase the knowledgable thieves knowing the police wouldn't follow abandoned the car on the highway at Banff and ran into the woods. Only one came out!
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|rocket1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080145037 -->

those photos have been making the rounds for a few years....that's a new story, though. Last time I saw them the hunter was an army guy just back from the Gulf war, not a forest ranger. I'd like to know the TRUE story, but either way...thats one big mutha!!

Wow...
Keep that thoes thins in Alaska... I'll stick with the black bears here in Maine..
Ans since it sounds like I'm the only hunter on this Board, I'll end it there:cool:

I don't have to worry about bears or any other predator in Philly for that matter...except in the human form which are much more dangerous than that bear. A shame it had to be killed.

True, Va....but still...mebbe just shoot it with a gallon of daizepam or sumpin'.

Call me chicken, but I still wouldn't want to be close to the bear after it was killed. Guess I've seen too many teen horror flicks, you know it's going to come alive again.

I was backpacking in Jasper, Alberta many years ago and woke up one night to find a Griz standing over me. He was making some snorting sounds and he woke me up. I knew right away that I wasn't going to make any threatening movements or sounds. I would have stopped breathing and stopped my heart from beating if I could have. He walked around me for about a minute (seemed like eternity) and then walked off into the woods in search of easy food. I knew that I was going to be packing into Griz territory...the rangers had it marked off on their maps. I took all the normal precautions: had the food in a bag between 2 trees, on a rope and NOTHING smelly in the tent. It paid off. I used to backpack into Banff/Jasper and Glacier on a regular basis for several years. Every year that I was there it seemed like someone would get mauled by a bear They don't have to be as big as the one in this photo to do major damage to your body! A "little" one will kill you just as dead as a big one.

X

Back