Changed Sprockets Good God It Put A Smile On My Face!!!!!

I tried, -1, and +3, individually, together, and like the +3 by itself. Doesn't feel too low, but just right.
I could cruise in 4th, at 60 to 80mph, snap gas wide open, let off, snap wide open again, and it would bounce a 6 to 8" wheelie

Thanks, was considering putting some gearing in mine but that's to high for my blood. My MPG is bad enough the way it is. That would kill me.
Nos I lied I actually got to look at it this morning on my way to work. In 6th at 85mph the rpm was at 6000! Still not bad, that was cruising so it seems to be good at 2nd gear at 50mph I was at 6500.

I tried, -1, and +3, individually, together, and like the +3 by itself. Doesn't feel too low, but just right.
I could cruise in 4th, at 60 to 80mph, snap gas wide open, let off, snap wide open again, and it would bounce a 6 to 8" wheelie
Still stock swingarm length? I'm out 8" and I snapped the throttle and felt the front try to come up on me

Still stock swingarm length? I'm out 8" and I snapped the throttle and felt the front try to come up on me

Yes, stock length, and 4th gear, with ecu flash, full dual Akropovic, BMC race filter, and only +3 rear/46 tooth sprocket.
It'll clutch up a balanced 3rd and 4th gear highway wheelie too, stock or otherwise.
I was just suprised originally with the extra grunt the bike had with those few changes.
A small 4th gear power wheelie at 60-80mph is pretty good.
But, you can throttle up a balanced 10-11 o'clock wheelie in 1st or 2nd gear, bone stock. So no big deal, just more fun.
Stretched bikes wheelie almost the same if you make them. 6-8" stretch on a gsxr750 is all I've ever done/ been able to ride, stretched isn't my thing.
You just have to get a feel for how to make the back tire bite and pull up the front, without burning the tire off.
But if you get agressive at stock length, you can spin up into a wheelie. Just hafta know how and when to ease back on the throttle when it does grip.

Besides other mods like Yoshy 4-1 Carbon R77exhaust pipercross air filter and marble mod ive got 18 and 45 and a 50 rear tire i like it a lot its a daily driven gen 2 but i would like a little more power another cheap but great mod if i drop one on front 17 and change the rear tire to 55 do you think this could affect my other mods so far or it would feel great? The bike is for street use only thanks.

Besides other mods like Yoshy 4-1 Carbon R77exhaust pipercross air filter and marble mod ive got 18 and 45 and a 50 rear tire i like it a lot its a daily driven gen 2 but i would like a little more power another cheap but great mod if i drop one on front 17 and change the rear tire to 55 do you think this could affect my other mods so far or it would feel great? The bike is for street use only thanks.
I don’t think it will...I jus did the throttle tube on mine as it is a daily and and that even made a big difference. My bike is also stretched tho so it’s not wheelie happy with 17 46 gearing. I have stock size rear running Pirelli Rossi 3 and it hooks great.

I don’t think it will...I jus did the throttle tube on mine as it is a daily and and that even made a big difference. My bike is also stretched tho so it’s not wheelie happy with 17 46 gearing. I have stock size rear running Pirelli Rossi 3 and it hooks great.
Ok thank you very much for answering

Did you have to add any links to the chain or just adjust it with +3?

Here’s a comparison. My Honda spins 5,000 revs at 70 mph and the Busa spins the same at 95 mph. 95 seems to be a sweet spot for cruising on the Busa and 75-80 is sweet for the Honda. Both have stock gearing. The Honda will easily spin over 11,000 but quits making horsepower after 9,500. So even at 70 mph, 5,000 revs is still just half the motor.

Back