Changed Sprockets Good God It Put A Smile On My Face!!!!!

busalife2016

Registered
Hey guys so I went ahead and changed the sprockets out -1front +3rear and good god it's feels like a completely different bike. it's so much more fun to ride! Still have to get used to it but the power range in second and third is just insane kinda scared me at first lol anyways thanks for all the help and advice u guys rock :super:!!!

Gearing is so much fun......^^^^and either a quick throttle tube or R1 tube^^^^will make you think you have another couple ft/lbs of TQ at the fingertips....

Gearing is so much fun......^^^^and either a quick throttle tube or R1 tube^^^^will make you think you have another couple ft/lbs of TQ at the fingertips....
Haven't did the research on the throttle tubes are they that much better? What did u go with R1 or schnitz?

Thanks, was considering putting some gearing in mine but that's to high for my blood. My MPG is bad enough the way it is. That would kill me.

Thanks, was considering putting some gearing in mine but that's to high for my blood. My MPG is bad enough the way it is. That would kill me.

NOS; I really don't know on the busa for sure but a lot of times lowering the gearing doesn't hurt MPG because the load is easier to move. MANY times I have seen guys going up in gearing just to improve MPG and because the motor has to work harder it hurt MPG.

Haven't did the research on the throttle tubes are they that much better? What did u go with R1 or schnitz?

R1 but have used R6 tube as well. R1 is better for smoothness otherwise the R6 feels like an On/Off switch plus requires more modifications to allow it to work.

NOS; I really don't know on the busa for sure but a lot of times lowering the gearing doesn't hurt MPG because the load is easier to move. MANY times I have seen guys going up in gearing just to improve MPG and because the motor has to work harder it hurt MPG.
Around town and slower speeds sure but any freeway speeds of 75mph + it goes down dramatically. When my Busa was completely untouched or performance molested, I could get 51mpg. Nice but I opted for acceleration so eventually went down to 34mpg.....I can live that since the tank is big at 5.5 gallons....

Around town and slower speeds sure but any freeway speeds of 75mph + it goes down dramatically. When my Busa was completely untouched or performance molested, I could get 51mpg. Nice but I opted for acceleration so eventually went down to 34mpg.....I can live that since the tank is big at 5.5 gallons....

That sounds completely reasonable that in steady state cruising the higher the speed the lower the gearing would produce as you say, I would add though that with your possible other mods effect and their resulting smile factor the driving style might change adding to the lower MPG. One would have to do an apples to apples comparison to be accurate. Just wondering.

Just do a -1 front or +3 rear
Either only ups the rpms around 600
With a flashed ecu, it gets it into the power almost instantly, yet still cruises easliy.
I could get over 40mpg highway (just to get where I was going), then about 30mpg ridin it right, lol.

Back