It put a smile on my face

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Just want to share my first Busa front wheel lift! I just finished up a nice little jaunt to the store, and as I was comming back home, when I took a nice little right hand sweeper. I had 2 cars ahead of me in the turn, and speed was very slow....1st gear slow. Once I got out of the turn I switched to the lane free of traffic and did a nice little shift into second. This is where the smile begins for me.... I rolled on the throttle from about 2500 rpm, and next thing I know I feel this amazing feeling of going vertical! As I was accelerating at a moderate rate the front end kept rising....suprised the heck out of me, because I tried to wheelie before in 2nd gear with my stock exhaust, and I was having no luck..blame it on lack of self confidence in myself or the bike, but until that moment I hadn't lifted the front end off the ground.

I thought maybe weighing 210Lbs, I was just too heavy to get the front off the ground. And the amazing thing to me is that I was no where near going for broke on the throttle. What an amazing feeling having the front end vertical. The moment only lasted about 3 to 5 seconds, but it felt like nothing Ive ever felt before. And what is truely amazing to me is the front end came down like a feather lofting to earth....gentle, and controlled.

Maybe its the new HP from the full Micron exhaust, maybe my confidence is growing in myself with this bike, maybe I got lucky, and maybe it will never happen again, but I went Vertical today, and what an experience. I will never forget the feeling or this moment. Yah I've wheelied dirtbikes and small bikes before, but none had the speed and grace of the Busa. I don't even care if anyone reads this, I just want to look back someday at this thread and remember the day I felt true grace, balance, and amazement from such a wonderful machine.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Whoa! At 2500rpm?? Dang, I weigh less than you and I have to get it up to about 5500rpm to get it to power wheelie. Then agan, I'm fully stock.

Not sure at what RPM the front started to lift, but I was at about 2500 RPM when I started to accelerate and a very, and I mean very brief moment later is when the front went vert.

You twisted the throttle more than you thought...Air is sweet...

nice I remember my really good 1st time never been a wheelie or trickster coming around a curve friend was way out in front on his harley(I was screwing around) making the curve punched full throttle about a foot off the ground rode it for quite a bit shot past him like he was sitting still.
cool.gif

I'd imagine it would put a smile on anyones face... the sweet sweet feeling of power..... *drool*

Here's to you...and may you wheelie many, many more times
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: "To add the cool little beer emoticon... :13:"|1122393024 -->

HEHEHE.....yep....sure is fun!!! but wait.....them things are illegal! I'd never do such a thing!!!
cool.gif
Just an FYI....be careful with chopping the throttle when doing mingers......it'll drop like a freakin rock with the fuel injection instead of that nice feather. When we get together I'll show you the dent in the tank where the jewels slammed the tank when I learned the hard way to gently roll outta the throttle!!

reminds me of when i got mine out the garage about 3-4 months ago.i had been trying before hand to get her up but was always scared to slip the clutch and do it that way.on this 1 particular day i thought id get her out the garage and start her up,then i thought while im at it i might aswell go back up to my house on her.we got this hill on the way up to the house and its pretty steep but i've rode up it so so many times.i pulled out of the side road at the bottom of this hill and disided to give her a handfull in 1st gear.(what a buzz):D as i opened her up, the front started to go up and up.as i was aprotching my friends mums car that was parked in the road,i just eased off the power and the front came down so smooth.i dont know how high it went up but afew people gave me the thumbs up after she landed and i went by them.when i got home my hands where shaking and my edrenilin was going like hell for leather.now i have got a slipped disk and trapped nerv in my leg so i dont know when me and the wife will be back out on bikes:( hopefully not to long.

No wheelies but one un-expected but controlled power slide.  Felt cool but then all I could ask myself was why did I react the way I did, MSF class.... I guess I did learn something
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|RamminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122435494 -->

You know you should not be pulling wheelies it makes the biking comunity look bad, increases insurance, and can kill you so could someone please give me suggestions on how exactly it is done so I can avoid it? I tried my ass off last week and only got the tire off the gound once, probably only 3 inches or so. It was very smooth. But outside of that I just end up going really fast. What speed does this all happen at? I thought about dropping down a gear but I do not want to land on my head.

sounds like he enjoyed it!!! I try to make sure i get at least one little power wheelie every time out.....on occasion i even try a little controlled power slide to get the blood pumping.....damn i'm glad i didn't buy a 600 like everyone told me to!

I'm getting a flat spot down the middle of my tire from all of the power wheelies I've been doing. I'm doing pretty good at the 1st gear ones, but I would love to pull a 2nd gear wheelie. I see my buddies Gixxer1K do 2nd and 3rd gear power wheelies all day, damn I envy that.

Back