Chains I need help opions and some ansers?plz

LeDauz

Registered
ok I been researching and researching for a good strong chain and been finding something different things and different ideas.

So far I know I need a chain that good

~ for up to 300rwhp
~long trips (400miles-750miles)
~drag racing

So far I seen

~EK 530 DRZ-2(11,500 lbs tensil strength)
~EK 530 ZZZ (11,000 lbs tensil strength)

So if you have any commits or ideas:please: plz:please: help me out am not to concerned about brand as long as it can stand up to a beating and last on some long rides

Most 530 chains won't be all that different from each other based on the EK specs you posted. D.I.D. ZVM 530 and Tsubaki Sigma are about the same, and are the top end (as far as I'm concerned) re: chains.

+1 on a 630 if you're turning that much power to the rear wheel.

With the extra power you can stretch a chain sooner than normal. Are you running around applying 300hp to the rear wheel all the time? The guys making 500+ run 530 chains and they're not snapping. Get yourself a good quality 530 chain with o-rings and keep it well lubed and adjusted. It'll last a goodong time. :beerchug:

"Chain stretch" is a little bit of a misnomer. The 'stretch' comes from the link bushings wearing out, and from the sprocket teeth wearing down. A way to combat that if sticking w/ a 530 chain is to use steel sprockets which will last a lot longer than aluminum ones will. I've had both, replaced the aluminum ones far sooner even w/ moderate riding, not being aggressive cause I wanted it to last longer.

Back