EK DRZ Chain & EK ZZZ Masterlink

Good question, both are extremely strong but they obviously made two different models for a reason. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, the DRZ is made to withstand the sudden and powerful jerks associated with drag racing but they aren't meant to be used for a long period of time. The ZZZ however is just as strong but is made for the long haul rather than the instant load placed on it by a launch. Check out www.ekchain.com for more info. Also, Charles (StreetNTrack) and Daniel (GoldenChild) know a thing or three about chains. They can help you a little more and get the correct link if necessary.

drag chain is a "non oring" chain... be very surprised if they were interchangeable...

no, what I meant is that the ZZZ chain uses orings and the drag race chain does not (o-rings draw a bit of power from the chain, so drag racers do not want them, they elect to clean and lube the chain all the time instead)... the masterlink will not have the orings you need for the street chain...

Get the right link (about 8 bucks)

no, what I meant is that the ZZZ chain uses orings and the drag race chain does not (o-rings draw a bit of power from the chain, so drag racers do not want them, they elect to clean and lube the chain all the time instead)...  the masterlink will not have the orings you need for the street chain...

Get the right link  (about 8 bucks)
+ 1

I got Master Links in stock,don't mix them..is your chain a ek or rk and is it drz or drz2?

Play it safe. It's not worth the chance of failure and the extreme damage THAT can cause.

So...oobviously I don't know my chains very well but it sounds like I may have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight! I knew someone would correct my BS. Thanks.

So...oobviously I don't know my chains very well but it sounds like I may have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight! I knew someone would correct my BS. Thanks.
AFTER you get past all the sales hype, you finally find the real stuff about the o-rings etc... Took me some time to sort through all the jive when I got my chain...

I mis-read his post as well... he has the "drag" chain and not the ZZZ chain AND THE ZZZ masterlink.. doh!

It would also appear that the chain below the ZZZ would be just fine too... suppose price might make me get that over the ZZZ..

The DRZ chain is just going to be a maintenance headache..

The ZVX2 chain is better to me than the ZZZ,several have found out..
thumb_up.gif

DSC04581.jpg

How much is the ZXV2 chain I also have a 6" extension also. Is there anyone that can send me or know where I can get a Masterlink for a EK DR2 Chain ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Back