EK ZZZ Chain

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I know a lot of us have posted about the lifespan of the stock chain. I think I stretched mine to about 15,000 mi. With the manual giving us replacement length guidelines.

In that time I adjusted it probably 6(+-) times (I'm guessing).

I changed to an EK ZZZ chain, what a stout beast of a chain. I'm at about 8,000 miles on the EK and I've only adjusted it once (and that was just a little bit).

So...how many miles should you get out of the EK ZZZ and how do you know when to change it, as the darn thing seems not to stretch (which is awesome)?

I have seen 25K+ posted by a few... I got 14K out of mine before it cause a surge on the bike (another story)

I would think that the stock specs for chain stretch should be about the same for the ZZZ.. I can not find anything to the contrary anyway...

You might shoot an email off to them and see if the spec is different but I bet it is pretty close..

Wear measurements are the same as the stocker. 20 links (21 pins center to center) should not exceed 12.57"

Page 2-21 on the service manual

gotcha...thanks guys.

I got mine from street and track. Don't remember what I paid but they treat you right.
thumb_up.gif

"ZZZ".....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
.......8,000 miles, so far, adjusted three times....cleaned and greased, that's about it. No excitement on this chain, just clean it and grease it. Stock chain, "LOTS" of excitement, and adjusting, and cleaning, and greasing, and more adjusting......
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

The life of your chain depends totally on the care it gets during it's useful life. I've put 30K on chains multiple times with life still left in them. But then I'm anal about keeping them clean, waxed and properly adjusted.

I got the same chain on my GSXR with about 2500 miles. Even with several track days, I've only had to adjust it 3 times. Great chain...

Back