Ok time for a new chain

Love the choices, but I'm still particular to the D.I.D. ZVM premium chain. Has 10,500 lbs of tensile strength and is an x-ring rather than an o-ring. X-ring chains have some advantages over the standard o-ring ones. Also, the D.I.D.'s come pre-stretched from the factory. I haven't adjusted my chain in almost two years.
cool.gif
+1

Grab, I went with the ZZZ...Been told it weighs less than the ZVX2, and the ZZZ is stronger. On another side note, Jester ordered up som GP lifters for my Pitbull rear stand, so I can use the Gilles setup to its full potential and dump the spools. I guess the GP adapters are a new item from Pitbull, might want to give Jester a pm if you haven't figgured something out for the rear stand setup.

Here's the EK ZZZ in Gold
_wsb_500x324_vv1a2.jpg

Close up view I guess - my photos stink
chain.jpg

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149279747 -->

Grab, I went with the ZZZ...Been told it weighs less than the ZVX2, and the ZZZ is stronger. On another side note, Jester ordered up som GP lifters for my Pitbull rear stand, so I can use the Gilles setup to its full potential and dump the spools. I guess the GP adapters are a new item from Pitbull, might want to give Jester a pm if you haven't figgured something out for the rear stand setup.

Here's the EK ZZZ in Gold
_wsb_500x324_vv1a2.jpg

Close up view I guess - my photos stink
chain.jpg
Val, can you get me a close up of your chain. I was wondering what "metal flake gold" is compared to traditional gold.

Took about 10 pics, but this is the best one of the group..my little Canon camera is not the best camera in the world, but should give you an idea under natural light - no flash.

chain2.jpg

Thanks dude
beerchug.gif
Did it feel lighter compared to stock?

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149348177 -->

Thanks dude
beerchug.gif
Did it feel lighter compared to stock?
It felt lighter than stock, but maybe only a Lb, however Chains sure weigh alot more than a guy thinks when he is just looking at it on the bike.

I wasn't sure if I would like the metal flake as the rest of the gold on my bike is Anodized, but it really is low-key, and is very nice quality. The chain itself is the Best chain I've ever used, but your talking to a guy who has only run stock chains in the past - so for me this was a huge upgrade and worth the price.

I'll see what type of pic I can get with my phone camera .. the good camera is @ the shop .. mybad .

Also notice the ZZZ has holes in each link compared to the ZVM - the holes are there to reduce weight, and also notice the ZZZ has a different link design than the ZVM, EK reports this makes the chain stronger.

Back