Ok time for a new chain

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Choices:

EK ZVX2 in Gold. 10,560 lbs tensile strength
EX ZZZ in Gold or Silver metal flake. 11,000 lbs tensile strength

Im not sure the ZZZ is lighter but it's the one if it is.. I just wanted a pure gold chain to look like the stock one if I could.

Also, any vendors stockin' them before I call Hard racing?

Oh yea ans how many links for a stock wheelbase Busa? Anyone? Bueler? Anyone?

Oh yea ans how many links for a stock wheelbase Busa? Anyone? Bueler? Anyone?

bowdown.gif

as a matter of fact since you go through so many chains you can have mine when I replace it. (if you want)

DID zvm2-2500 miles.

hogger...
laugh.gif

Love the choices, but I'm still particular to the D.I.D. ZVM premium chain. Has 10,500 lbs of tensile strength and is an x-ring rather than an o-ring. X-ring chains have some advantages over the standard o-ring ones. Also, the D.I.D.'s come pre-stretched from the factory. I haven't adjusted my chain in almost two years.
cool.gif

as a matter of fact since you go through so many chains you can have mine when I replace it. (if you want)

DID zvm2-2500 miles.

hogger...
laugh.gif
Nah, thanks for the offer john. My chain is still factory 03' old. It's just the ally rear sprockets that get chewed up.

Love the choices, but I'm still particular to the D.I.D. ZVM premium chain.  Has 10,500 lbs of tensile strength and is an x-ring rather than an o-ring.  X-ring chains have some advantages over the standard o-ring ones.  Also, the D.I.D.'s come pre-stretched from the factory.  I haven't adjusted my chain in almost two years.
cool.gif
Maybe, what I go with.. I was thinkin' D.I.D as well.

Love the choices, but I'm still particular to the D.I.D. ZVM premium chain.  Has 10,500 lbs of tensile strength and is an x-ring rather than an o-ring.  X-ring chains have some advantages over the standard o-ring ones.  Also, the D.I.D.'s come pre-stretched from the factory.  I haven't adjusted my chain in almost two years.
cool.gif
Both of the EK choices are x-ring as well.

PM StreetnTrack (Charles) Great pricing and he's great to deal with.
smile.gif

+1 on the DID 530zvm....only check the adjustment when I replace the rear tire. Also, while ya spendin' mize well get the Gilles rear adjusters (hard racing, $175) if you don't already have them. Sweet set-up.

I stick with the OEM chain... More expensive but no aftermarket comes close in milleage so at the end it's no more expensive

+1 on the DID 530zvm....only check the  adjustment when I replace the rear tire. Also, while ya spendin' mize well get the Gilles rear adjusters (hard racing, $175) if you don't already have them. Sweet set-up.
+2 on the DID. I had one my bike for 10,000 miles now. I have only had to adjust it 2 times and one was due to the back tire being changed. I will seriously get about 25 to 30 thousand miles out of this chain the way it's looking. DID is rock solid awesome.

EK ZVX I drag race my bike every weekend (sometimes 2-3 days a week) and I never have to adjust the chain. Plus its what all the big HP turbo guys run so I know it will hold up.

+1 on the DID 530zvm....only check the  adjustment when I replace the rear tire. Also, while ya spendin' mize well get the Gilles rear adjusters (hard racing, $175) if you don't already have them. Sweet set-up.
+2 on the DID. I had one my bike for 10,000 miles now. I have only had to adjust it 2 times and one was due to the back tire being changed. I will seriously get about 25 to 30 thousand miles out of this chain the way it's looking. DID is rock solid awesome.
+1 on DID.

I bought a 530VM Gold 120link a month ago, n already put 1600 miles on it-noticed the difference right after swap (cuz stocker had 11000 mi. n was slippn on hard launches), bike pulls harder, spools up from 3500 to 6000 a lil faster than I'm used to...throttle feels a bit touchier tho too. Thats the only downside i can see so far.

Ahem.. did you say Gilles? Gilles adjusters/lifters and rearsets.

DSC00991.JPG

Back