Chain lubing

yaesu

Registered
Okay I lubed the chain last night and wiped it down afterwards and I thought I had gotten it wiped off pretty good but when I rode it to work this morning I had black crap all over my polished wheels and I don't like that.

So how do you keep that from happening/ or is that just how it is and I will just have to clean the wheels everytime.

I use a clear chain lube that works really good and I can not think of the name of it.I know it is not chain wax.

Have a great day!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Chain wax is a bit stickier and throws less off...But still some throw off...

i use chain wax... doesnt sling much at all compaired to some of the other stuff i've used in the past. Dont put it on thick though or it will fling everywhere! Just a light coat will do you!

CHNWAXG.jpg

I used the PJ's black lube " one " time .
mad.gif
I think it lubed the entire left side of the bike .....more than the chain itself !
laugh.gif

Chain Wax from now on .
biggrin.gif

Yeah, chain wax. Warm up the chain with a ride, then spray it on and let it soak in for a while.

I used to be a fan of Maxima's chain wax... But last season a friend recommended me Motul's chain lube instead, said it was better lube quality and sticked even more!

He was right, very fine product. Its inevitable to get some grease a bit everywhere, but this is as sticky as it gets! If you need something to get it off, use Honda pro cleaner which is amazing to clean everything from that to polishing the whole bike! WD40 will aslo do it for the grease part

Here's the stuff

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144858461 -->

905_l.jpg

Been using Maxima chain wax for some time now on all my bikes. Very little flings off but (some) does. I lube after rides so when I get on it to ride again the chain is lubed and not my rear wheel.

PUTTOLEAN non fling chain wax..........I used this all that time.............usually I put it on the night before, so it has plenty of time to bedin.. and it has virtually no fling at all..

I used to be a fan of Maxima's chain wax... But last season a friend recommended me Motul's chain lube instead, said it was better lube quality and sticked even more!

He was right, very fine product. Its inevitable to get some grease a bit everywhere, but this is as sticky as it gets! If you need something to get it off, use Honda pro cleaner which is amazing to clean everything from that to polishing the whole bike! WD40 will aslo do it for the grease part

Here's the stuff
where can you buy that stuff???

Pretty much whatever you use though, your going to get some fling.

It ain't got that thing if it ain't got that fling...

We need a flingometer so we can measure this stuff accurately.

Here's the stuff
where can you buy that stuff???
Local motorcycle dealer should be able to get you some if they're a Motul products dealer...

Shouldn't be hard to find, but worth it!

Back