Chain broke @ drag strip...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Went to the strip last nite...2nd run and the chain broke...No major damage...Broke a couple of teeth on rear sprocket, chain guard, rear turn signal and knicked the tail section...Had been planning on extending it anyway so now is the time...No harm to the "STUNNAH"...

Sorry to hear about your chain. Was it the stock one or had you replaced it already?

Stunnah, How many miles were on that chain. Stock or aftermarket (if so what brand). I'm kind of interested in the limitations of the chain. Your lucky it didn't do serious damage to you or the bike. Thanks, Chris

Went to the strip last nite...2nd run and the chain broke...No major damage...Broke a couple of teeth on rear sprocket, chain guard, rear turn signal and knicked the tail section...Had been planning on extending it anyway so now is the time...No harm to the "STUNNAH"...
Most likely lost some teeth on the fron sproket also. That may be what started it. Loose and buckled the chain. Glad you did not have damage, I had this happen also but just poped the links half way.

The chain was stock...Got lot's of wheelie's and track time out of it...The case looks good on the outside...I can look directly from the rear of the bike and see that the front sprocket is missing some teeth...I really don't have a complaint...I got 8500 miles out of it...

Back