Threw a chain today!

chpcons

Registered
I left my shop today and went 3 blocks to a redlight, turned right and at about half throttle in first I broke my chain. My first thought were oh no probably took out the cases. There was water all over the road, but when I took it apart it only damaged the sprocket cover, clutch rod, and slave cylinder, which I am needing if anyone has any of these items. I consider myself lucky, I see broken cases from this all the time and I try to keep my chain serviced always but sometimes you never know.

GET a billet sprocket cover. i tell everyone this... do yourself that favor now. ther eonly like 145.00 im waiting on canadian mike to make mine when he finds the time.

The seal around the rod is probably damaged be prepared to replace that too.

Glad my bike is new and I won't have to deal with stuff like this yet. What causes a chain to break anyways? I know wear and age but can it break from being out of ajustment or shifting or riding to hard? Will a billet sprocket cover prevent the damage to the case though that is so common?

Glad my bike is new and I won't have to deal with stuff like this yet. What causes a chain to break anyways? I know wear and age but can it break from being out of ajustment or shifting or riding to hard? Will a billet sprocket cover prevent the damage to the case though that is so common?
You need to be taking care of your chain from day one...just my $.02.

chpcons- what are the specifics?
# of miles on chain
stock chain? If not what kind was it?
Did you regularly do any maintenance?
chain tension ever checked?

Hope you get back on the road soon.

Many chains end up snapped due to improper adjustments (Too Tight)

With proper and regular maintenance a stock OEM chain will last for a very long time!

With proper and regular maintenance a stock OEM chain will last for a very long time!
Unless it's on an 08' or turbo Busa.
laugh.gif

I have all the parts you need and new chain in stock call tomorrow....503-663-3278

Back