New Drag Strip Mods

(Dakkine2 @ May 06 2007,20:40)
(hondpwr @ May 06 2007,17:24) tell me about the undertail please, i lowered mine 2 inches-- able to go down one more in the back but im rubbing already when i launch hard even with the plate cut out and the spring as hard as i can get it.... i need an undertail and i really like yours. my bike is set up almost exactly like yours, 8 over lowered front and rear 2 inches and strap the front at the track, full exhuast and pc3 with barnett clutch and airbow mod. what kinda 60 foot times are you getting?
The undertail is a Extreme Graphics top gun that was given to me by a friend. It was anniversary orange so I sanded it and spray painted it black with a couple of coats of clear. Looks ok.
I rode the bike around the block last night and already rubbed the undertail. I've got my rebound adjustment set almost to 0. I'm gonna mess with it this week and see what I can figure out.
You must also remember, I'm 6'8" and weigh 315lbs. You will probably be able to get away with lowering the rear a little more than me. I'm probably at 1 1/2- 1 3/4 in the rear and it probably will rub on launches.
That being said, my best time is 10.7something with a 1.9 60' with stock wheelbase and just a strap on the front. I'm still a  
newbie.gif
Hey try a strut on that rear. I had the rubbing problem as well. I am 300+ guy too and I dont think getting your shock adjusted will do it.

I have a similar setup, with Shinko and all. My 60'ft's have been around 1.66-1.70 ish (Way too high)!! The idea is to get as close to 1.49 as possible.

Also, I runn a lower air pressure with the strut on the rear. It is a slightly rougher ride, but still good results at the track. I actually had the old gal come up on me the last time out, which shocked the shid out of me with it being strtched 9".

I'm down right now dealing with the 2nd gear deal, but hope to be back out in a couple weeks.

are those swing arm extention's safe , cause a friend of mine said that it's best to go with the whole swing arm assemly, i know its cost less
race.gif

(Southside Playa @ May 08 2007,08:22)
(Dakkine2 @ May 06 2007,20:40)
(hondpwr @ May 06 2007,17:24) tell me about the undertail please, i lowered mine 2 inches-- able to go down one more in the back but im rubbing already when i launch hard even with the plate cut out and the spring as hard as i can get it.... i need an undertail and i really like yours. my bike is set up almost exactly like yours, 8 over lowered front and rear 2 inches and strap the front at the track, full exhuast and pc3 with barnett clutch and airbow mod. what kinda 60 foot times are you getting?
The undertail is a Extreme Graphics top gun that was given to me by a friend. It was anniversary orange so I sanded it and spray painted it black with a couple of coats of clear. Looks ok.
I rode the bike around the block last night and already rubbed the undertail. I've got my rebound adjustment set almost to 0. I'm gonna mess with it this week and see what I can figure out.
You must also remember, I'm 6'8" and weigh 315lbs. You will probably be able to get away with lowering the rear a little more than me. I'm probably at 1 1/2- 1 3/4 in the rear and it probably will rub on launches.
That being said, my best time is 10.7something with a 1.9 60' with stock wheelbase and just a strap on the front. I'm still a  
newbie.gif
Hey try a strut on that rear. I had the rubbing problem as well. I am 300+ guy too and I dont think getting your shock adjusted will do it.

I have a similar setup, with Shinko and all. My 60'ft's have been around 1.66-1.70 ish (Way too high)!! The idea is to get as close to 1.49 as possible.

Also, I runn a lower air pressure with the strut on the rear. It is a slightly rougher ride, but still good results at the track.  I actually had the old gal come up on me the last time out, which shocked the shid out of me with it being strtched 9".

I'm down right now dealing with the 2nd gear deal, but hope to be back out in a couple weeks.
he's correct! I'm getting the same results! I think the strut is the way to go! Please let me no what your results are!

Back