New Drag Strip Mods

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
So I've been hittin up the drag strip for the past few months now and decided it was time for some new mods. Just added a few thing to hopefully get me down the track a little quicker. Hoping to cut my 60' times down.

Spencer Cycle's 2"-7" swingarm extensions
Spencer triple tree
Spencer Adjustable lowering links
Top Gun undertail
Galfer HH front pads
Vortex gas cap
EK ZZZ chain
PBI 45 rear sprocket

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2170Tagedit.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

I woulda never imagined, I bet your tuck is something to see
smile.gif
Way cool Jeff, best of luck and have fun.
beerchug.gif

Kool lookin' bike 'ya got therr.

I'm getting similar mods to mine ... oddly enough for the same reason.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ May 07 2007,01:14) Sweet, how bout formance
rock.gif
You lowered and still strap the front
rock.gif
The strap somewhat limits the weight transfer thus harder to wheelie.And it looks badass!

rock.gif

tell me about the undertail please, i lowered mine 2 inches-- able to go down one more in the back but im rubbing already when i launch hard even with the plate cut out and the spring as hard as i can get it.... i need an undertail and i really like yours. my bike is set up almost exactly like yours, 8 over lowered front and rear 2 inches and strap the front at the track, full exhuast and pc3 with barnett clutch and airbow mod. what kinda 60 foot times are you getting?

(dadofthree @ May 06 2007,14:14) Sweet, how bout formance
rock.gif
 You lowered and still strap the front
rock.gif
Front is lowered 1 1/4" and have had the strap installed, just not strapped in the pic. I haven't had a chance to run it yet.

rock.gif

(hbr @ May 06 2007,15:56) I woulda never imagined, I bet your tuck is something to see  
smile.gif
   Way cool Jeff, best of luck and have fun.    
beerchug.gif
Thanks, Todd. Me neither, but riding on the street around here is getting very dangerous. Bike has only seen the track for the last 4 or 5 months.

(hondpwr @ May 06 2007,17:24) tell me about the undertail please, i lowered mine 2 inches-- able to go down one more in the back but im rubbing already when i launch hard even with the plate cut out and the spring as hard as i can get it.... i need an undertail and i really like yours. my bike is set up almost exactly like yours, 8 over lowered front and rear 2 inches and strap the front at the track, full exhuast and pc3 with barnett clutch and airbow mod. what kinda 60 foot times are you getting?
The undertail is a Extreme Graphics top gun that was given to me by a friend. It was anniversary orange so I sanded it and spray painted it black with a couple of coats of clear. Looks ok.
I rode the bike around the block last night and already rubbed the undertail. I've got my rebound adjustment set almost to 0. I'm gonna mess with it this week and see what I can figure out.
You must also remember, I'm 6'8" and weigh 315lbs. You will probably be able to get away with lowering the rear a little more than me. I'm probably at 1 1/2- 1 3/4 in the rear and it probably will rub on launches.
That being said, my best time is 10.7something with a 1.9 60' with stock wheelbase and just a strap on the front. I'm still a
newbie.gif

Back