Chain broke at the strip

lowandslow08

Registered
I went to the track last night to watch my friends race and my buddy asked me to run his bike. Everything felt fine until trying to shift to second gear... then the chain snapped.

fz1hail 023.jpg

fz1hail 024.jpg

fz1hail 025.jpg

fz1hail 026.jpg

Its rashed up a little bit around the front sprocket but the case did not break. I was really surprised when we looked at the chain the masterlink was still there and the it was a chainlink that broke.

Ouch!!
Them things can do some damage indeed.

It happened to a Buddy of mine once on his Gixxer, and it just slipped out and fell on the Road wheeew

Your lucky..someone posted not to far back about a dude that died using an ebay shatty chain.. EK xso chain 120 $ and super strong..Glad your ok

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chains and brakes should never be cheap. Glad nothing else happened to you, good thing you were not going faster when it happened.

you know i am all for saving a buck.....but there comes a point in time were ya need to think.....IS IT REALLY WORTH THE BUCK TO LOOSE A LEG? OR WORSE YOUR LIFE? There are somethings on a scooter that you just dont risk...TIRES....BRAKES....CHAINS. These are the main safety nets on a bike. I just cant understand why people like to try to go cheap on these main safety factors.:rulez:

Many years a go I had one snap pulling wheelies.
Bike still looked mint, but the hole in the back of the cases took a lot of fixing.
I think I'd rather have "bolt on" parts damaged like yours.

Not nice to see,
Glad your OK though.

Tony.J.

Back