what broke and how much $?

ssvincels1

Registered
Technically it hasn't broke yet but somethings gotta happen.
The bike is an 05 with 1800 miles, changed oil at 500 and 1100 miles.
Here goes, i have taken the bike to the track twice lately wth no problems.
This week it started to skip while in second gear under FULL throttle. I make the 1-2 shift and about one or two seconds later it skips( almost like when you dont get it all the way in second and it pops out, i have done that a couple times). it doesn't pop out of gear though. i shift without the clutch when i race.

Any ideas?

SOUNDS LIKE THE DOGS ON THE GEAR ARE SEVERLY WORN OR ROUNDED OFF THE EDGES. MY BUDDYS R1 DID THE EXACT SAME THING FROM POWER SHIFTING HIS WHEELIES. YOUR LOOKIN' AT BIG BUCKS TO FIX,IT'S A MAJOR PROJECT.:(

You sayin it doesnt pop out of gear?
rock.gif
???
Or it does come out of gear?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

Technically it hasn't broke yet but somethings gotta happen.
The bike is an 05 with 1800 miles, changed oil at 500 and 1100 miles.
Here goes, i have taken the bike to the track twice lately wth no problems.
This week it started to skip while in second gear under FULL throttle. I make the 1-2 shift and about one or two seconds later it skips( almost like when you dont get it all the way in second and it pops out, i have done that a couple times). it doesn't pop out of gear though. i shift without the clutch when i race.

Any ideas?
Warranty?

ROYZGSX

yeah my point too........So if there is a problem start taking the mods off.......LOLLOL
But I have seen this before and its usually rider error.
Try adjusting the shift lever down a lil bit if its popping out of gear.
If its not popping out of gear than you may need chain adjustment, or it could be low fuel levels (tryin to save weight while racing)and the gas rocking away from the pick up on the 1-2 shift. Or the throttle position sensor setting could be off.

To be honest with you, I have experienced all of these with the symptoms you are describing.

i am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow, i have only lowered it.
it doesn't pop out for any extended length of time, just a quick skip like feeling and that's it. i have adjusted the shifter and it did not help.

hopefully they will warranty it.

i am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow, i have only lowered it.
it doesn't pop out for any extended length of time, just a quick skip like feeling and that's it. i have adjusted the shifter and it did not help.

hopefully they will warranty it.
I, for one, am confused here. are you saying it pops out of gear momentarily and then goes back in on it's own?
rock.gif
??

basically, it doesn't pop out long enough to rev the motor.
it feels more like a skip, you just feel it stop pulling for a tenth of a second or so, not long at all.

i took it to the dealer today and the guy couldnt get it to do it so he said it was alright. i told him i would bring it back when it really blows up.
i couldn't get it to do it on the way home, but it did it on my way to work.
chain is tight, no broken sprocket teeth

Mine did this exact same thing, just after the 600 mile check i started to hammer on it and it would pop and loose power momentarily. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the chain expanding and jumping a tooth on the front sprocket. I purchased a 16t sprocket and they installed it and adjusted the chain, never did it again. Scary when it does it when it starts to pull a power wheelie and then drops back down suddenly. Good luck, sound like it should be an easy fix.

Back