MPS Autoshifter

sully

Donating Member
Registered
I've been running an MPS autoshifter on my Busa for a couple of years now and haven't had much problem out of it. My issue now is that it will not shift into second gear under a full load and NOS at the track, it just pops into neutral. I have played with the kill time and it doesn't seem to help, it just makes the bike fall on it's face for a split second when it shifts. It makes all the other shifts just fine, the problem is only with the first to second shift.

Could the problem be that the shift rod is attached via a spencer cycle bracket that holds the shift rod under the foot peg, i have been told that it doesn't let the shifter have enough power to kick it into gear. I really don't want to change the mounting bracket unless i have to.

Has anyone had this problem with their bikes before?

loosen the clevis on the shift rod and slid it to wards the rear of the bike a touch and see if that works.don't move it much.

I had exactly the same problem with the MPS system when using nos or full power on the 1 to 2 shift.  If you have a MPS delay box you can crank a little more delay in and see if that helps.  The Spencer bracket and the way the air cylinder has to pull the shifter is not the greatest leverage wise.  I just removed the bracket and sold it on ebay.  I drilled and tapped a hole almost 90 degress straight up into my frame....and mounted the cylinder (had to drill a hole in the shifter too) haven't missed a shift since.  Gatlin racing makes a really nice bracket that is hidden.  http://www.gatlinracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx1300r/asb.html

Back