Chain Broke AGAIN!!!!!

Lotus49

Registered
I dont get it.. Maybe im born with bad luck. It broke again.. abrand new chain and about 10 hours of work.. 2 days later. Going down I395 the chain let go. I dont know where it is.. I was doing about 130 and i dont know what to do now
sad.gif

I think it's time to suck it up and have it professionally installed. Not all of us are cut out to be mechanics.
wow.gif

too tight and out of alignment. have a shop put it on then that put the reposibility on them

Sorry lotus....we're havin fun at your expense.....just not right......

Fun tho:p

Loose pipes though, man thats a bad situation:laugh:

Ok, mine dont go all the way up either so dont feel too bad, but I dont lose chains and pipes.
tounge.gif

What are you going to lose next?

Make sure that the wheel and sproket are dead center??

What type of master link you using clip or rivit. Only use rivit.

Don't use the chain center marks on the adjusters, use a micrometer or string to make sure it is centered.

What the hell did you have done and by who??

Did you get the engine back in the right place after you welded the shifter??

Did you check the mounts to make sure they are not bent??

Have it done by an expert and you will not have to have it done 6 times. It is going to cost you lots more if you keep going on like this. I told you where to go and who to have a look at the bike. Did you call??

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123636630 -->

he takes it so well...... I say we adopt him as the Board Stepson......
I was thinking mascot.
smile.gif

Even I'm starting to feel sorry for him now. I think we all had a friend like him growing up. Nice but dopey kid gets a new (and very expensive) bicycle for Christmas. By April the seat is tore up, handle bars slightly bent and half the gears no longer work.

By May the front wheel is bent, a pedal is missing, brakes no longer function, it's been spray painted a different color and the chain keeps falling off.

June rolls around and he just loses it somewhere...not really sure where it went?
drooling3.gif

Next day your mom is yelling upstairs that Kris is here to see you. You go to the front door:
"Doooooooooood! Can I borrow your bike, my mom wants me to run to the store to pick up some bread".

You:

wow.gif
HELL NO!

Mom:
"How dare you be so rude to your friend! Of course you can borrow it Kris".

Few hours pass and Kris is back at the door:

"Doooooooooood! You ain't gonna believe what happened! I was in front of Krispy Kreme's and........."

Last edited by a moderator:
he takes it so well...... I say we adopt him as the Board Stepson......
I was thinking mascot.
smile.gif

Even I'm starting to feel sorry for him now. I think we all had a friend like him growing up. Nice but dopey kid gets a new (and very expensive) bicycle for Christmas. By April the seat is tore up, handle bars slightly bent and half the gears no longer work.

By May the front wheel is bent, a pedal is missing, brakes no longer function, it's been spray painted a different color and the chain keeps falling off.

June rolls around and he just loses it somewhere...not really sure where it went?
drooling3.gif

Next day your mom is yelling upstairs that Kris is here to see you. You go to the front door:
"Doooooooooood! Can I borrow your bike, my mom wants me to run to the store to pick up some bread".

You:

wow.gif
HELL NO!

Mom:
"How dare you be so rude to your friend! Of course you can borrow it Kris".

Few hours pass and Kris is back at the door:

"Doooooooooood! You ain't gonna believe what happened! I was in front of Krispy Kreme's and........."
lmao.. hahah ... oh well. #### happens. oh and mike i never called that guy becasue i fixed it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back