Chain Broke

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
I was going down towards Martinsville around 1 a.m. when all of a sudden I smack it and my chain broke...Luckily it didn't tear up too much and I was with a group riding...Any suggestions on the best/strongest tensile strength chains? This was a DID gold about 6 months old...
sad.gif

Luckily it didn't get me but I will have to sand down and repaint the tail section, broke the wheel hub and sprocket, replace the back brake cover and replace one of my HMF canisters...Thanks

ek ZZZ..... 11,600 tensile rating.... its what i use

I have a EK ZVX2 150 link chrome chain in stock.   $180 shipped.

Glad you didn't get hurt.

Had a chain broke recently and got off pretty lucky.No damage.But I had a billet sprocket cover that also protects the water pump and clutch push rod.

Happened on a strong pull and broke in second gear @ 95 mph.

Replaced with what ozzy04 said along with new sprockets.

Get with Daniel (Goldenchild) he sent me the best chain I've ever tried and I've tried em ALL.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the rapid and great response, I'm actually taking the bike apart tommorrow to make sure there wasn't anymore damage...I'm still looking for a wheel hub....Thanks....
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I just replaced my chain... Took the parts guy at the shop's advise on a DID 50 (530) VM but after installing and everything, noticed on DID's website that this chain is rated for 1000cc max.

I guess i should have went with a ZVM2 but i didn't do enough research before buying. Should i be worried about this chain's strenght???

(Busa444 @ Apr. 01 2007,12:37) Glad you didn't get hurt.

Had a chain broke recently and got off pretty lucky.No damage.But I had a billet sprocket cover that also protects the water pump and clutch push rod.

Happened on a strong pull and broke in second gear @ 95 mph.

Replaced with what ozzy04 said along with new sprockets.
Do you think the billet cover saved your engine cases? Did the cover take any heavy damage?
Been thinking of buying one as cheap insurance.

Back