Ccw?

Well what I am seeing is between 400 and 600 new and depends on what you get with it. Some stores are selling it with attatchments allready on it. Dont forget though that all xdm pistols come with a hard case(looks like brief case), two mags, cleaning kit, speed loader for the mags, and a holster for the small of your back that actually works pretty well.
For a straight out of the box take to the range type of pistol this company makes them perfectly. I have shot a lot of pistols over the years and I am most impressed with these. They might be a little bit more money then a ruger but I believe get what you pay for applies with pistols.

Glocks in my mind are cool as for the functionality but I am not a fan of the closer you get to emptying the mag the more lopsided it feels with the top heaviness of the weapon. The xdm does not have that issue.

i have the xd 40 com tactical edition. Awesome gun. I carry everywhere i go. Tons of stopping power and super accurate.

i have the xd 40 com tactical edition. Awesome gun. I carry everywhere i go. Tons of stopping power and super accurate.

Yeah I went out shooting with my brother when he came home from Arizona(border patrol) and I out shot him with my xdm, he was so pissed. He went out and got the tactical edition one that you have for his everyday carry and is waiting for me to get home to challenge me :rofl::rofl:.

G 26 - smaller means your likely to carry more and more comfortably. Glocks are second to nothing in terms of reliability and simplicity.

Get a good holster and go practice with the weapon - Alot... You have couple gun ranges nearby.

Good Luck

Glocks are second to nothing in terms of reliability and simplicity.

I'm not going to start a glock war, but ALL automatics are second to revolvers in terms of reliability and simplicity. Period.
And my shooting style is more toward the grip angle of the xd than the glock, but I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave me a glock! To each their own, but as its been said, practice, practice, practice...

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I'm not going to start a glock war, but ALL automatics are second to revolvers in terms of reliability and simplicity. Period.
And my shooting style is more toward the grip angle of the xd than the glock, but I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave me a glock! To each their own, but as its been said, practice, practice, practice...

+1:beerchug:

i carry a colt 1911 combat commander, which is a more compact version of the fullsize colt 1911, its pretty nice, stainless, i got the extended mag, so its 10+1:thumbsup:

Agreed... However all revolvers (even tiny ones) are way less comfortable to carry concealed particularly on the hip and and even a tiny G 26 packs twice the amount of cartridges.

Also, I would put up a glock agaist a revolver and I don't think it would be a forgone conclusion that the revolver would be more reliable. In general - I agree good quality revolvers are more reliable and a better choice for those who don't practice and train much, however revolvers can and do misfire.

Agreed... However all revolvers (even tiny ones) are way less comfortable to carry concealed particularly on the hip and and even a tiny G 26 packs twice the amount of cartridges.

Also, I would put up a glock agaist a revolver and I don't think it would be a forgone conclusion that the revolver would be more reliable. In general - I agree good quality revolvers are more reliable and a better choice for those who don't practice and train much, however revolvers can and do misfire.

Really - if revolvers were superior in their own right - worldwide militarys would still be issuing Smith and Wesson and Colt revolvers.

Revolvers might be great and all but...it still takes days to reload one in comparison to a semi...with that said, i will take a crappy automatic ( such as beretta or a taurus ) over the best revolver out there

lets be real here, i suggest you carry what ever gun you shoot most and if u dont have one now and thinking of buying a CC, get something that fits your hand. Smith & Wesson make a nice M&P line that come with a changeable grip which is nice. .22, .380, .40, .45, what ever you choose to carry remember, dead is dead and a .22 will kill someone just as fast as a .45. also, if you dont have alot of experience with guns, im sure in your town somewhere at some range they offer a safety course designed around the CCW and suggest you take the long course. in most places there are alot of ways to get the liscense and some towns dont even require u to take a safety course. i been a range rat for many many years and i can tell ya, they teach u alot including what to say and what not to say to 911 and the cops/paramedics when they show up. GL and stay safe.

check out the kahr guns...one of the best guns for ccw on the planet. 9mm, 40, 45...and very reliable gun. Not cheap for sure. CCW course will tell you anything over about 20 yards is murder..and you better have a good attorney..and lots of cash to kiss good bye...Forensics these days can even take a flatten bullet and still get the rifling marks on it. Blood spatter analysis will tell everything else...You better have a very good reason to "skin it". Make damn sure you understand the whole liability issues involved with CCW. That being said...a .380 is designed for discourgaging an attacker...it is also a weapon that is best used for head shots to really discourage the attacker. Once you look at the size of the bullet and the powder behind it you'll get a much better perspective when you look at the bullet of a 45 caliber and the powder behind it...which equals "stopping" power. Once read a slogan which I never forgot...a lady asks the local sherriff at a church picnic why he was carrying a gun...did he expect trouble? He replied to her..no mam..if i was expecting trouble I would've brought my shotgun...
What i've been told by people who I respect with alot of training and experience..is that the .380 takes a special skill set by an experienced gunman to go for the cranial shots where the most pain and discourgagement can be rendered. Mafia hitmen have been known to carry 2 shot derringers with 22 longs in them because they go for headshots. and it is a very very small pistol. It is an LEO's worst nightmare because of how lethal the 22 long is. It will penetrate police armour because of the cross section of the bullet.
I carry a 45 because it is stop right now mother or you'll have a hole the size of quarter coming out your back. In a fire fight... a real one..not a Hollywood thingy...it is all over in a couple of seconds and it is usually within 2-5 yards...usually less than 2-3 rounds are got off before some one is dead, badly injured, or running for their life the other way. If a 250 pound ape is about ready to rip your head off or slice you into ribbons...that .380 isn't going to stop him...I'd bet my life on it...

I will second the above posters comment about Kahr. I love mine. I also have XDs and Glocks and several others. I carry my glocks and my Karh the most. Find a range and go shoot as much as you can. If you don't like shooting a gun, you wont want to carry it. Good luck and congrats on the new CCW. :thumbsup:

:poke: get a redhawk :laugh:
just ask dirty harry, nothing says " hang on there fella!" like a 44mag!
:whistle: yea i love my redhawk, but i carry a 22 h&r roughrider w/short barrel. i even put the mag cylinder in :whistle:when i remember.

:poke:wish i could reload like this fella
- Fastest Shot[/url]

redhawk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The main thing you want to remember is the weight of the gun, if its heavy your not going to want to carry it all the time.

I have the xd subcompact, it's a great gun but after carrying it all day your going to notice it, that's why I went with the Taurus 380 tcp, very light 10ounces and has the stopping power I need. Remember practice practice practice, no gun is any good if you can't hit your target.

A main carry gun is one of personal choice and obviously there is no one right answer.
Its one that you are comfortable with and know how to shoot good
I also carry a Ruger LCP as a secondary backup gun.
It is sooooo light in an ankle holster and its easy to forget its there even while riding.

BTW .380 ammo is easy to find, just go into any Wal-Mart. If they dont have it on the shelf, then you can special order any amount you would like.

I have to disagree with Gsxrbots, I carry a s&w sigma .40 and i love it, besides having a little to heavy of a trigger I love it. It may not be the most expensive, or flashiest gun on the market, but with some nice grain hollow points it will do just as well in a life or death situation as any other. I also carry a beretta cougar 9mm which is a nice gun.

Back