Cc restiction law?

ike

Registered
I get a phone call from a buddy of mine asking me what the cc is on the suzuki m109 cruiser. I tell him it's a little under 1800cc's.He then tells me he's got a bet going on with someone who is saying that anything over 1800 cc's on a bike is illegal. I told him to bet him cause he's wrong. He then puts the guy on the 2 way with me and this guy tells me we're both wrong. I said well if I'm wrong why are they selling the rocket three that's over 2200 cc's and the yamaha star road liner at 1854 cc's and etc. He's said,"I don't know but they are against the law". I said how do you know this? Now guy's and gals are you ready for his reply? He say's "A group of his pals who all ride harley's told him that and it's true" I said no way.Then he say's "you don't believe me just ride past me with one of them bike's and when I catch you you'll see".
I couldn't believe he said that. My friend then told me who it was, and wouldn't you know it I know him. A leo from westchester county new york. I don't really know him well but know him. Here's another one. A buddy of mine had to go to court three times for under tail exhaust,and a clear white tail light lens. He won the case when the officer didn't show three times. The killer is the bikes exhaust is stock and so is his tail light. It's that black r1 with the red pin striped rims. What gives? I know mistakes do happen but really. Who is going to pay this guy the three day he lost from work?

I would be finding out about law concerning the R1 Raven and if he was wrongly given a citation, I would be getting something for lost wages.

Don

No such law where I'm from, but you never know what a county or a city might make a law...

Complete and utter nonsense.

That type of regulation is handled on a Federal and State level.

If the vehicle is titled and licensed by the State and Federal government, and not modified from what the title/registration describes, then it's legal to operate it on any public roadway in the State or country.

The Dept. of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the state licensing bodies make up those rules, not towns or counties.

so you are saying that those bikes that have 8 cylinder engines are illegal???
that dude's filling you with a bunch of shid
rock.gif

No such section in NY VTL that I know of.
I guess the Boss Hogs are all illegal.

Complete and utter nonsense.

That type of regulation is handled on a Federal and State level.

If the vehicle is titled and licensed by the State and Federal government, and not modified from what the title/registration describes, then it's legal to operate it on any public roadway in the State or country.

The Dept. of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the state licensing bodies make up those rules, not towns or counties.
Snootch to the mofo'ing nootch!

No such section in NY VTL that I know of.
I guess the Boss Hogs are all illegal.
+1!

how the he11 are they letn guys run around with ANY trikes then? those are all big cc bikes-the fuggin Boss Hoss has a g.dam 350 V-8!!??

i say tell that leo from W. county to stop smokin stuff from impound, n show u the statute that states all that crap, or shut up n pay-he lost the bet.

Not to mention all those 1800 Gold Wings!  
tounge.gif

wow.gif

Someone handed someone a FULL sack of sh!t  
wink.gif
blush.gif

Neither the State nor the Feds would allow a County to pass those kind of restrictions.

I know, I work with both the state and the fed transportation authorities.

If Florida can't get away with it, NY can't.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1442"|1150598989 -->

Back