Beware of PPM Clutch Covers with see thru windows

Haya01B

Registered
Have a buddy who spent the $400+ for one of the PPM Chrome Clutch Covers with the see thru window and led lights. He said he was riding through town and stopped at the service station for what ever lotto ticket I forgot. He said a guy was standing outside looking at his bike and he's thinking he's just checking it out. When he gets outside the guy tells him "Hey Man Your Bikes Smoking"

He cuts a grin thinking it's a compliment but quickly frowns when he sees smoke rolling from the bottom of his bike. Clutch cover window leaking and who knows what else. He gets the bike home and calls PPM. What do you think they told him. That's right no helppy you! Me gotty your monies!:laugh:

I never like the guy who owns the place from the first time I conversed with him! I knew he was bad news and bad business.

Just a little something to think about when dealing with him! My buddy use to talk highly of PPM.

I have never heard a business that was even close to successful replying to a customer issue in such a way... guarantee to put you out of business in pretty short order... me thinks there might be more to the story...

This guy has spent a lot of money making his bike stand out! He cruises and that about it. Most of the time the bike is on the trailer going to a bike show. The $400 part failed and Made in America failed to back up his product. I guess that what happens when you mix American made products with Japanese products. A mess!:whistle:

Everyone knows that those things leak no matter where you buy them from. It's a few threads on here that shows you how to fix the problem.

does it make sense to you a place sells you a part, it has a problem and you call them... they give you a reply like that? really have you ever seen that before? I have dealt with some real clowns over the years in the auto repair biz... never had one say something like that..

just saying there has got to be more to the story here..

Everyone knows that those things leak no matter where you buy them from. It's a few threads on here that shows you how to fix the problem.
that would be untrue... I have had a clear clutch cover for 3 seasons and it has never leaked a drop of oil.... I know of a few others that do not leak.. (they also have LED's in them)

gotta go with mr b on this one, ran a clear cover since 06, no leaks. no saying this want happen cause they will on some bikes, i think its called newtons law of oil spraying.

Back