Limited CC,s

memorex

Registered
I work with a guy that is from Japan and he told me that they can't drive any thing bigger than 125 cc's. Has anybody else heard of this.

I was just there.... Not true.

Back in the 80s they had a 750 limit. The Kawasaki KZ1000s were never sold in Japan.

Jay

They just had a BUSA BASH in Japan, Video on You Tube.
Guy is filling you full of Bull.
beerchug.gif

Don't they have a tierd(sp) licence program though?? Maybe HE could not ride anything bigger than 125cc....

A guy at work, who is from Bermuda, just mentioned the other day that his brother's main and only means of transportation is a 125 Yamaha.Reason being ,thats the maximum limit anyone can drive on the island of Bermuda.
It seems wierd but its a small island and i think the speed limit is only about 40-50 mph ANYWHERE in Bermuda.

I live in Japan for 6 years and at that time there was a 750CC limit. But definately not 125. Even then, the Japanese were finding ways to get around the 750 limit. So definately not true.

There was something like that at least on Okinawa. I thought it was 400ccs though. I lived there for a year about 11 years ago. Couldn't tell you about mainland. I don't know if it went for everyone because a buddy of mine brought his Katana over and that was definitely bigger than a 400.

I'm going to Japan next week on vacation. (My wife is Japanese). This is not true, last time I went 3 years ago I went to a Harley dealer. The thing is it is really hard to obtain a license for a big bike and it's very expensive. Alot of Japanese people come here and get their M1 license so the don't have to deal with the Japanese DMV......

Back