Speed Limiter

DevilDawg1

Registered
I know all the 1000CC Super bikes have a speed limiter at 186 MPH, but has anybody out there ever found the speed limiter on their bike.

My right hand seems to be speed limited at less than 186 MPH, is their a computer fix for this or is a bigger set of gonads required?

Welcome to the .Org !!!!   What kind of bike do you ride ?

There are many riders here that do that often (186 mph., and more) I haven't hit my limiter on my Busa yet, sad to say, but pretty close (and that's without a speedo healer. So probably no where near 186 mph.) . There's only like 2 roads around here that you could go that fast, AND BE SAFE !! I'm not out to break any records, just having fun !!

Ummmm....it's linked to your gear position sensor. Buy a modded gps that reads 1N23455, instead of 1N23456, and your headed for the rev limiter and no more limiter.........ask me how I know
rock.gif
?.....
coolold.gif
Also know, that the 5th, and 6th gears "share" the same map so once you've modded the gps, you won't have any problems with the fuel / ignition.....contact Greg at Boostbysmith.com....here's lurking around here somewhere......
super.gif
Greg Rocks....

I ride a K8 Busa Org/Blk.

I am not interested in hitting my speed limiter just wandering haow many riders have actually found it.

I know the Speed-O is actually off by a given % and was wandering also if the speed limiter kicks in at an actual 186 MPH or a Speed-O indicated 186 MPH.

I ride a K8 Busa  Org/Blk.

I am not interested in hitting my speed limiter just wandering haow many riders have actually found it.

I know the Speed-O is actually off by a given % and was wandering also if the speed limiter kicks in at an actual 186 MPH or a Speed-O indicated 186 MPH.
It doesn't kick in based on speed, but based on RPM.

I have a 2000 Busa and have not found it..... wait a sec..... there is no limiter on a 2000 they got put on the 2001 Busa... never mind.... LOL
PS there is a limiter on my B-King.... its not long for this world.... limiter on B-King is 150 or 160 something in 5 and 6 gear..... a week from now it will be history
beerchug.gif

Back