Graduating cc's m/c endorsements

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Young guy (23) bought a Buell XB12R from my buds at our local dealership last week.  With 32 miles on the odo, he blew a corner coming into his apartment complex, blasted thru 2 fence posts, hit a tree and killed himself.

He had no previous street experience to speak of.  Had ridden dirtbikes and atv's.

I think it would help if new riders were regulated to smaller cc bikes for the first.......I don't know....year of riding?

Todays machines make so much power......your average new rider has no conception of the speed....

I don't know, I am not one for government intervention in any way shape or form.......but dam.  I'll bet ya this cat would still be alive today if he had been on something without the torque and power of a 1200 cc twin.

What do you guys think?

That's how they do it in a lot of countries over seas. You get liscensed for x CCs, then after so many miles, test, etc., you can get a new liscense for larger CCs. Personally, I think it is a great idea.

That's how they do it in a lot of countries over seas.  You get liscensed for x CCs, then after so many  miles, test, etc., you can get a new liscense for larger CCs.  Personally, I think it is a great idea.
+1 I would support that for this country. probably help with insurance rates as well ... but would also force the manufacteruers to make some decent lower cc bikes.

I saw an aprillia rs50 on ebay, totally road legal in the us and was a slick looking bike. If there were more 250-500 bikes that had the styling and handling, I honestly think more folks would buy them

I saw an aprillia rs50 on ebay, totally road legal in the us and was a slick looking bike. If there were more 250-500 bikes that had the styling and handling, I honestly think more folks would buy them
I agree. Especially with gas prices these days. My Ninja 250 is a blast to ride and it gets incredible gas mileage.

I'm not a fan of the fed gov regulating vehicles. Its not the Feds job. Leave it to the states.

Personally I don't think cc endorsements will save lives. You can enter a corner too hot on a moped, ninja 250, or a busa. The problem is judgement, and regulating cc endorsements does NOTHING to train or improve judgement.

What I think will save lives is more training. But no matter what the gov does, squids are always going to find ways to kill themselves. You can't save them. If they have poor judgement, they'll likely ride illegally anyway... No reason to limit those with good judgement because of idoits.

It's just Darwin at work
laugh.gif

Like CharlesBusa said...squids will always find a way...no matter what regs are put in place.

Back