Castle ride pics

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Had a few folks get together for a day trip "upstate" New York. It was myself, JohnStein, CAJ from Long Island, 2Quik and BusaBabby from Yonkers and RobT and wife (sorry forgot name trying to void out "bad moments"
biggrin.gif
 ) from Conneticut. We did meet Camaroguy, but he slept in and found us after we had ridden the Bear Mtn. twisties. 2Quik, Mark, said we had a Castle to see... it was just up the Parkway about 30 minutes or so... on a Busa... More on that later. It was an adventure, good riding, and a lot of fun!
Carl, CAJ, and I met as planned, on time. John called my cell and let us know he was running late but we made it all work and got off of Long Island without too much trouble. Well, until we hit the toll booths at the Whitestone Bridge. Carl and John both had EZ-Pass. I had cash. I beat them through toll, (Johns pass malfunctioned)and was left standing looking at them looking for me on the other side. They finally saw me 1/4 mile down the road dodging cages doing the jumping jacks and we were back on the road. Until we missed it, and ended up on the surface streets of the Bronx...
Let me tell ya, that's some riding there. A mix of motocross, Moto GP and Mad Max all mixed together! Woo hoo, steel plates are a blast to ride over.
So finally we met up with Mark (2Quik) and wife Linda (Busababby).

Bear with me, I have numerous pics to post. I will end with the money shot and hopefully Mark will post his up too.
This is John explaining how he missed the big sign and landed us in the bronx.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152497246 -->

BearMtn_001.jpg

Hers the observation tower at the top, Busa's in background and some tourist who didn't understand "HEY YOU, down in front"
wow.gif

BearMtn_004.jpg

This is the Castle. This guy built this by hand by himself and family over the course of 25 years. He fought for our freedom in Vietnam and started when he got home. Heres a linky to get more info.. Hopefully Mark will add also as he has been there before.

BearMtn_007.jpg

95% of this Castle is recycled material. Stone from road ways, wood from buildings, etc. Even this WWII Harley has been recycled. If you look close you'll see a bicycle pedal for the kickstarter!
smile.gif

BearMtn_013.jpg

The inside is decorated kind of like a museum of antique store. They live here and give tours of the downstairs. The guy is an artist and as mentioned 95% is recycled.
This just kinda screamed, "There are 5 Hayabusas here?"

BearMtn_017.jpg

Great pics PD! Looks like a cool part of the country. I will have to get down there sometime.

P.

This is an old distillery tank used for making "Applejack" out of cider. I didn't know that RipVan Winkles nap was alcohol induced...

BearMtn_020.jpg

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a good ride and adventure!
cool.gif

Back