Carrying the laptop

Whats the red thing on the top of the silver bag? Looks almost like a fuel sending unit looking device.

You're in the ball-park... that is an aviation-style flush-mounted gas cap for the 4.8-gallon axillary fuel cell:

AuxFuelCell_VentSide.jpg

Combined with the stock tank, this gives me about a 400-mile range if I am behaving... though a good bit less if I am mis-behaving. :whistle:

nice addition to your bike :thumbsup: I'll be honest though. I probably would have invested in a smaller laptop. Your solution is really the best though. It'll keep the laptop nice and safe. :bowdown:

nice addition to your bike :thumbsup: I'll be honest though. I probably would have invested in a smaller laptop. Your solution is really the best though. It'll keep the laptop nice and safe. :bowdown:

Well, I did consider a smaller laptop, but I really do need that 14" screen for some of the applications I use. Too, even if I got a smaller laptop that would fit in the tankbag or one of Givi E21 hard cases, that just means that much less space to carry my usual gear. It's not like the cases can carry all *that* much... 21 liters of room isn't a whole lot to work with, it fills up pretty fast.

So I would have likely ended up with the Pelican case anyway, and I'm cool with that. It does the job well and I can't even feel it back there while underway, so I'm happy enough with the results.

Wow, I was wondering after I saw the on/off valve also on the left side when your sitting on the throne, lol...

Thats some neat engineering there man, congrats.

Back