Carpenters 1397 kit

If you want a 1397 kit done,call me we can do them on exchange,if you don't mind the swap.There will be a core charge on sending us a good motor back though.we can do yours if you want to be without a bike.

(AaronG @ Sep. 20 2006,13:44)
(silverfreak @ Sep. 20 2006,11:04)
(silverfreak @ Sep. 20 2006,08:57) I have a 1397 kit in mine.and i dont have a problem with overheating.and i also ride as far as 400 miles a trip.with stopping for fuel only.i have stock cooling fan and antifreeze in the bike i now have 12,584 miles on the 1397 with no problems.i have over 100 1/4 mile passes on it also.hope this helps in your decision.if not then check with kevin at kws motorsports.
ps. i live i west texas where it gets very hot.40+days over 100 so dont worry about overheating.
wink.gif
You need to head up here to lubbock some time and join up with me and a couple other busa riders.  I would love to check out the 1397 kit.  Where did you get yours from.
i got the kit from kevin hunt at kws motorsports.i dont remember exactly what i gave for it but i think it was around 1160 bucks shipped.pistons rings and jug,head gasket.

(silverfreak @ Sep. 20 2006,16:20)
(AaronG @ Sep. 20 2006,13:44)
(silverfreak @ Sep. 20 2006,11:04)
(silverfreak @ Sep. 20 2006,08:57) I have a 1397 kit in mine.and i dont have a problem with overheating.and i also ride as far as 400 miles a trip.with stopping for fuel only.i have stock cooling fan and antifreeze in the bike i now have 12,584 miles on the 1397 with no problems.i have over 100 1/4 mile passes on it also.hope this helps in your decision.if not then check with kevin at kws motorsports.
ps. i live i west texas where it gets very hot.40+days over 100 so dont worry about overheating.
wink.gif
You need to head up here to lubbock some time and join up with me and a couple other busa riders.  I would love to check out the 1397 kit.  Where did you get yours from.
i got the kit from kevin hunt at kws motorsports.i dont remember exactly what i gave for it but i think it was around 1160 bucks shipped.pistons rings and jug,head gasket.
mabee we could meet around lamesa or seagraves or somewhere like that.there are 12 busas here in odessa. two or three turbo's and one big 1509 stroker that is one bad mofo.

I have the 1397 with web cams, ported head, etc. I run a 24 volt starting system with two batteries and a muzzy aluminum fan and engine ice. No problem starting and doesn't even get over halfway on the temp gauge.

P.S. I just rode it on the Trail of Tears ride for over 3 hours.

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 20 2006,19:02) If you want a 1397 kit done,call me we can do them on exchange,if you don't mind the swap.There will be a core charge on sending us a good motor back though.we can do yours if you want to be without a bike.
"Done", like exchange the motor for one with a rebuilt top end? How much "this way" vs. sending in the motor and getting your own motor back?

(EZZZE @ Sep. 20 2006,21:35) I have the 1397 with web cams, ported head, etc.  I run a 24 volt starting system with two batteries and a muzzy aluminum fan and engine ice.  No problem starting and doesn't even get over halfway on the temp gauge.

P.S. I just rode it on the Trail of Tears ride for over 3 hours.
+1 on highway or fast inner city street riding. Never an issue...

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 20 2006,16:02) If you want a 1397 kit done,call me we can do them on exchange,if you don't mind the swap.There will be a core charge on sending us a good motor back though.we can do yours if you want to be without a bike.
what all does this kit come with and whats the price you offer

carpenter racing wants 3100 ride in ride out.... im sending the whole bike or Im going to get it done in ann arbor... I want it done right .....no screw ups but if I can just order the kit and get it done cheaper I will do that to

i got the kit from kevin hunt at kws motorsports.i dont remember exactly what i gave for it but i think it was around 1160 bucks shipped.pistons rings and jug,head gasket. [/Quote]

sounds like a deal to me

Guys I will Call him up this weekend and get a deal setup on how I can do this for you and explain it next week.I got a good amount of Car Kit Motors in stock and can get all the parts also to do this big bore kits,and be able to offer you good turn around without your bike being down,or you can send whole bike.We will give you dyno sheets the whole 9,tuned and out the door..I have a really good door to door shipping company we use also.Winter is coming for us,so it's mod time.

(jayy @ Sep. 21 2006,08:42) sounds like a deal to me Golden just IM me but by all means get in touch with me
beerchug.gif
let me know how this works for you I was thinking turbo but this is more in my price range just didnt relize it was this affordable
smile.gif

Quick question for those with the 1397 big bore kit.. What's the increase in engine performance?

1299 to 1397? Just curious

Thanks

cool.gif

Okay we are working on some # figures to mke this work for all.I will post the #'s and the contact info once we reach an accord....

Sweet! I'm right here up the street, and I have some extra cash coming soon. I cant wait to bump up the ponies on the scooter. Exhaust, Cmas, the works!
super.gif

Goldenchild, I will be looking to do a 1397 to my 07' at least by spring. When you get the info on this let me know.

Thanks.

Back