Carpenter 1430cc Motor

240Hayabusa

Registered
I was wondering if anyone on here knows a decent amount about a Bob Carpenter 1430cc motor. I’m looking at picking up a bike soon and one I found has a Carpenter racing 1430 motor in it. I want to use the bike for more street use then track use. I was wondering if this motor can be used for street applications or not?

1430 are streetable with some minor items. Usually 2 fans and engine ice. All depends on the rest of the build.
I know the bike has the 24volt start up, I’m not sure if it has 2 fans or not. I know the fan is switch activated. I know the bike is a grudge bike. I’m assuming by the rest of the build you mean the compression in the motor which I’m not sure about. I know it’s a nitrous bike though it has a 100shot kit on it

In my opinion, this bike is set up for a specific purpose and would not be real fun to commute or tool around on....

It appears to be set up for exactly what you mentioned-grudge racing.

It's going to really be a test of it's tuning to see how it will react to cruising around.

There are lots of threads in this forum that specifically talk about the Carpenter motor and it's ability to commute and cruise with..

Almost all of them don't recommend it for this purpose...

In my opinion, this bike is set up for a specific purpose and would not be real fun to commute or tool around on....

It appears to be set up for exactly what you mentioned-grudge racing.

It's going to really be a test of it's tuning to see how it will react to cruising around.

There are lots of threads in this forum that specifically talk about the Carpenter motor and it's ability to commute and cruise with..

Almost all of them don't recommend it for this purpose...
Yea that’s basically what I had started to figure out. Was just a hell of a deal for the bike. Might still grab it just to try and trade the motor for a stock busa motor

Don’t trade it, unless u get a stock motor plus cash. You’d be better adapting it to your use as stated since it was a good deal

Back