HP numbers

nxvette01

Registered
How easy is it to make 215-220 hp to the tire? I have a guy telling me that with a 1397 kit carpenter or ward head with a intake cam and a 385 cam I believe.That he can make me have 215 to 220 HP. Does this seem reasonable.

(nxvette01 @ Apr. 24 2007,19:40) How easy is it to make 215-220 hp to the tire? I have a guy telling me that with a 1397 kit carpenter or ward head with a intake cam and a 385 cam I believe.That he can make me have 215 to 220 HP. Does this seem reasonable.
Why not?
http://www.carpenterracing.com/hayabusa.htm#220hp_busa

beerchug.gif

Someone has told me thay can make 205 with new pistons and cams, head work. Same bore.

(hydrabusa @ Apr. 24 2007,22:52) 3300 packages good deal I think...I'm not a big fan of hair dryer and spray bottle...
beerchug.gif
Come on now. If you had the coin you'd put a stage 1 kit on a Busa with dump pipes.
laugh.gif

Anyone done this
rock.gif
? And is there a Heat  
firedevil.gif
problem with the street version during the SUMMER (as in 90 F to 100 F outside temps) ?

I Have a Je 1397 kit, but i have the lower compression at 12.8. I also have a second intake in the exhaust side, with sprockets. I have at the rear wheel 194.7.  I did have a heat problem, also a starting problem, they where 2 easy fixes, the first was add water wetter, and a second fan. The second was the starting when the bike was hot, i added a second battery for 24 volt starting. Now the bike runs and starts all the time, i only plug the second battery in maybe once a week if that!

Now the answer to your other question,, yes it is very possible to make that kind of horsepower, and make the bike streetable! Goodluck!

both Ward and Carpenter make excellent heads and are well known for their abilities.

sure it can be done... depends on the dyno too. I've seen guys make some great numbers once or twice.. I always err to the safe side.. if someone says #$%hp I always knock off 10% when I think about their number in my head....

Also alot of numbers are NOT corrected to SAE....

Back