Carnival Cruise Lines

det45

Registered
My girlfriend and I just got back from a cruise on carnival cruise lines. While on the cruise I thought I would do some drinking by the pool on the ship but it didn't happen. One 12 ounce beer cost $9.95 each (WTF) I thought the waiter was kidding but he wasn't! I was on the wagon for the whole cruise. No more cruises for me!!!!!!! :moon:

My girlfriend and I just got back from a cruise on carnival cruise lines. While on the cruise I thought I would do some drinking by the pool on the ship but it didn't happen. One 12 ounce beer cost $9.95 each (WTF) I thought the waiter was kidding but he wasn't! I was on the wagon for the whole cruise. No more cruises for me!!!!!!! :moon:

I suppose you can't sneak a bottle of Captain onboard with you, eh? :laugh:

Aaargh. :rofl:

yeah, they arent all inclusive. If you figure food is covered in the price, you are ok with paying for the booze, kinda works out as long as you dont try to float the boat with what you drink. ;) If you plan to have a constant flow of booze into and out of your body, hit one of the all inclusive spots in the islands or mexico and drink til the ground cant hold you up :laugh:

That's why you always buy the prepaid drinks prior to embarking on the cruise. Your drinks are cheap and already paid for.

Did you get 9.95 worth of enjoyment out of the beer?

I aint never going on a cruise....I already have to spend 4 weeks on the water at a time.

yeah, they arent all inclusive. If you figure food is covered in the price, you are ok with paying for the booze, kinda works out as long as you dont try to float the boat with what you drink. ;) If you plan to have a constant flow of booze into and out of your body, hit one of the all inclusive spots in the islands or mexico and drink til the ground cant hold you up :laugh:

This is definately the way to go.

Boy howdy, I did that in Cancun, I still cant drink saki or crown and coke without gagging.

Ive been on 12 cruises now with many different lines. I find its all on the cruise line on how they charge and what they offer. I preffer Rccl over all the other lines anymore. Good prices and a great time. Plus the ships, food, service and islands are outstanding.

I have heard bad thing from a LOT of people about carnival.

Just got off a cruise on 11/14, brought with us just under 3 gallons of booze. Simply pour out of larger glass bottles and into 12oz water bottles and pack in suitcase. Of course, replace all alcohol, duty free, before you return. :beerchug:

The first and last Cruise I did was with Carnival. I knew about the policy about "no free booze in International Waters" but did some budget figuring prior and planned to have a good time.

Good thing that I did. You get a mid-week bill sent to your room. :eek:SHOCKER!!!!!

If memory serves, my Midweek bill topped $500 USD and I still had 1/2 the week to go!!!!!!
Total for the week ended up being just a tick over $1200. But from what I remember :whistle:, I had a great time!!!!!:beerchug::beerchug::guitar:

yeah, there's a lot of reasons why cruises are great and a lot of reasons why some folks won't have as much fun on them. I've done 10 or 11 over the years all over the various Caribbean islands and love them. My next ones will likely be less traditional, anyone up for a river cruise from one end of the Rhine to the other :thumbsup:

Oh yeah... getting plastered on a cruise ship can be bad, I've not seen the departure view from San Juan ... ever... sailed from there 7x ... just sayin those fruity drinks they hand you as you walk on are DANGEROUS :whistle:

And drinking til the ground can't hold you up well... sounds like at least a few folks here have been there :laugh:

Alcoholic! :rofl:

hey AA is for quitters .... so I hear :whistle:

Besides you are never that drunk if the ground can hold you up, however I have seen that target approached numerous times and the only thing I can say... damn its funny to watch drunk people :rofl:

Back