looks like time to eat crow

pbghost

Registered
not too long ago, I finally almost convinced my wife to go on a cruise next year. She would always say ... what if it sinks, and I would tell her that that doesn't happen anymore. they might catch on fire or have mass outbreaks of food poisoning... but they don't sink like the Titanic did. sinking seems to be her only fear about the whole cruise deal. anyhow... I was reading on cnn.com today and a smaller cruise ship hit an iceburg and is sinking via a fist sized hole in the hull. the picture looks grim for the ship at a 35 degree list. all abandoned with no injuries to crew or passengers according to the article. this will put a damper on my plans for sure... 13 years to get this close to going. maybe she won't find out. just hard to believe that such a small hole could do that to a ship that size.

wtf.gif
Well that sux Now I just hope my wife doesn't see
this one cuz that may ruin my cruise next year

I have done about 7 cruises. Never hadda problem with anything! Cruising is the only way to go. If you wana be treated like you are a king for everyday you are on the ship, then this is for you. The ships are much more prepared nowadays for sinking. And yes, the ocean will swallow her up like it was nothing....
BTW, sail Royal Carribbean

DUDE YOU JUST FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!!My daughter works for that cruise line and is in that area right now.But that's not the ship she's on.

Sucks... It's like people that are afraid to try new foods, or simply refuse to try something new... Grr....

Just remind her that driving her car and sitting in traffic is a hell of a lot more dangerous...

I have done about 7 cruises. Never hadda problem with anything! Cruising is the only way to go. If you wana be treated like you are a king for everyday you are on the ship, then this is for you. The ships are much more prepared nowadays for sinking. And yes, the ocean will swallow her up like it was nothing....
BTW, sail Royal Carribbean
I'll book my next trip with you then.
tounge.gif

r8

I'd pull all the facts on probabilities on her about thier safety and how it made economical sense to cruise (once you factor in hotel and food/entertainment) they can't be beat. I was trying to get her on a carribean cruise for starters. a friend of mine just came back from a royal cruise (7day/6night)out of Galveston and loved it. did the group buy (5 couples) and got it for a little over 700/couple, booked last year. my goal is an alaskan cruise, but$$$$$$. i was just shocked at the photos of it almost on its side from such a small hole. I guess they don't have much of a d/c crew. article only mentioned using the pumps. sorry, didn't mean to freak you out proud dad, glad your daughter is ok.

I spend about 6 months a year on a ship and people want to sink my boat. It is safe fun and one she does it she will want to do it again. My wife tried it once loved it we are planning on one right now for the spring. It is all her too I don't mind them I prefer land guess it is just part of the job that ruins it for me.

I 've always wanted to go on a cruise I didn't have to work on. saw some neat stuff that I want to go back and see/do again. working for the "uncle's canoe club" took most the fun outta it, although had a blast in St.Thomas!
beerchug.gif

Take a cruise down to mexico or the surrounding islands. No risk of hitting an iceburg in those warm waters. We went on one last year and it was wonderful.

I did Alaska! We flew into Vancouver and that is where the ship left from. Did the inside passage.
Was awesome!

The boat was 50 plus years old.

The same boat did the same thing in the 70's

There where only 91 passengers on it, all bird watchers.

Not your typical upscale cruise on a modern ship,if you catch my drift.

Cruising is the ONLY way to go.....# 13 in Jan for me(Panama, Costa Rica & Belize)...maybe its my lucky number...lol. The western Caribbean cruises have been my favorite thus far. Was In Hurricane Wilma 10/05 on the Carnival Miracle....was still a great cruise

with this many pro-cruise members, it would make a badazz m&g! maybe busa boat bash '10
(just a thought.) thanx for all the input
beerchug.gif

Back