Captain's Bash Report

What a great post, Cap
bowdown.gif

It was truly a pleasure capt!! I had an AWESOME time--despite that fact of GSXtacy coming down sick!! He tried to stick it out like a true sport!! I don't get on the org very much due to other schedules but, due to this last weekend and meeting alot of wonderful people; I made a promise to myself to try to get online more often!! I'm not sure about anyone else here but, Captain--you run a heck-of-an-org here and Chris and I owe you for allowing us to be a part of it.
bowdown.gif
Don't think we will make the fall bash but, waiting on the dates to reserve our room for next spring!!! Can't wait to see some old faces and possibly meet some new ones!!!!
super.gif

Cap, you are Da' Man! PERIOD
bowdown.gif

I can't imagine what about you, you thought would dissapoint us? You run the best bike site on the net and because of your high standards you attract the best people on the net. Thanks for coming out and spending time with us. I was really honored to finally meet you in person and you are a very funny guy!
biggrin.gif
I mean that in a good way, the best of ways.

I was feeling a little alone and empty as I drove home, but I look forward to the fall. P.S., thanks for the new screen name, I actually love it.

Chris, I hope you get to feeling better and I know Melissa will take very good care of you, Bro.

Cap...because of this website, I have met a type of people that I thought didn't exist anymore.....compassionate, honest, selfless, genuine people.

Your efforts with this website are greatly appreciated and because of those efforts, I have a ton of friends that I would of never of met without the .org. Thanx
smile.gif

P.S. FALL BASH! bound!

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 30 2007,19:18)
(captain @ Apr. 30 2007,22:17) Ozz your a good man and I had great time with ya.... you used your head out there leading the pack and I'm tellin ya that makes me proud. Keep working at the diet and you will finally get that ass to fit in those leathers the wy they are suppossed to..  
SHOCKED.gif
i thought my ass looked damn good in those leathers.......  

LET "OZZY BASHING" ROUND 2 BEGIN......
Funny....I thought the same thing....
laugh.gif

Doug the pleasure was all mine. The ride on the skyway had to be one of the best times of my life and I was honored to be with such a great bunch of human beings. Looking forward to the next encounter.

This was my first time at the gap and it was the best time I have had at any event. Everyone was really nice and it was like seeing an old friend again. My little will be back next year.

So when is the next Bash?

CAp,

+1 to all you've said, and haven't been able to. What you have here is much more than just a bunch of screennames on the internet. It's a family that shares a passion. YOU are responsible for allowing us to share that passion on such an awesome site.  
bowdown.gif
Thank you.

It was nothing short of awesome to have met you. You did not disappoint and are truly the stand up person I thought you were. I'm glad you let down the Barbie Shield and came out to play.

This site has allowed me to meet many good people who I can say are truly good friends.

I hope to see everyone and a few new faces next year!

(VaBusa @ May 01 2007,06:00) Have fun at the Gap hbr!!!  Wish you'd been there last week, but hopefully next year, right?  
smile.gif
Life is cruel sometimes, Olympic (Worlds) qualifier was last weekend. Kid qualified for the Worlds this summer. 2012 in London will be his first chance at the Olympic team.

Hated missing all the fun. I'll try to make up for it this weekend.

Hell, I may move there if the deal on my businesses goes thru. Everyone can stay at my place next year
beerchug.gif

Doug, so howz about setting Calif Moto GP Laguna Seca on your calander for next year? Or even this July? We have room for ya at the camp site - Kent

Cap, well said!

Thanks for all that you have done with this board. I have met people through this site that I will keep in touch with from now on regardless of whether I have a Busa or not.

You run a good ship here and I am glad you came out with all us crazys in NC!!!

(semi @ Apr. 30 2007,21:32) it was great to see you again, CAp
beerchug.gif
once again, i had one of the best times of my life up to now and it is all because of the .org...without your vision and guidance, the board never would have turned into what it is today...thank you for everything you have done to make this happen...i feel honored just to be allowed to be a member and be able to hang out and learn from all of you
+1
and riba says hello
wow.gif

(hbr @ May 01 2007,10:54)
(VaBusa @ May 01 2007,06:00) Have fun at the Gap hbr!!!  Wish you'd been there last week, but hopefully next year, right?  
smile.gif
Life is cruel sometimes, Olympic (Worlds) qualifier was last weekend.  Kid qualified for the Worlds this summer.  2012 in London will be his first chance at the Olympic team.

Hated missing all the fun.  I'll try to make up for it this weekend.      

Hell, I may move there if the deal on my businesses goes thru.  Everyone can stay at my place next year  
beerchug.gif
Hey, I say that's a damn good reason to miss the Bash!!!
bowdown.gif

Well spoken Doug!  Here's my take on this thing called the Busa Bash...
As many of you probably are aware, us boys here at RoadLoK (and yes, I consider myself a boy, hell - I'm only, oh forget it) do a lot of traveling to motorcycle events around the country. I have seen more of the good ole USA in the past six months, than in my whole life time. Events in Vegas, Long Beach CA, Indianapolis, Daytona etc.
Without any doubt, I have never experienced such a great time at any event, even though Brink and I were only there from Friday night until Sunday morning. Everyone we met was fantastic and very friendly. The scenery and the riding was beyond anything I have ever imagined. Brink and I talked about the riding experience all the way home. We both feel that we are better riders now even though I know that I scared the disc lock (short for crap) out of me on more than one occasion.
I am thrilled that you have all opened up your circle of friends and forum members to us and welcomed us. That, coupled with the great riding experience is priceless. Thanks guys and gals!
Doug, don't forget to unlock your RoadLoK!

Daryl (Chief)

It was awesome meeting you Daryl! So glad to see that you guys made the long journey to the Bash and I'm glad you two had a great time there.

A RoadLok is in my future after seeing so many of 'em
bowdown.gif

it was a pleasure meeting both urself and Brink Saturday after the shoot and really enjoyed listening to your experiences over lunch. glad you both had an awesome time and hopefully we will see ya again at the bash next yr!!!!

you know i just became apart of this board and extreme and reading all of this make me wish i could have gone...now i dont know any of you but i hope i get a chance to and be able to get to know more people here and over at extreme...seems like i missed alot over the weekend so hopefully one day i will be able to meet as many of all the great members here and contribute as much as everyone else here...just thought id get sentimental with everyone else
biggrin.gif

Doug:

Okay, it’s my turn now. First let me say thank you again for starting Hayabusa.org. Second, I am truly sorry I could not get to the bash this year, maybe this fall. I only had Saturday open so I could not travel. As one of your members since 2002 I have been through many good things here on the board, and witnessed several bad things. You have had challenges all along the way and have handled them like a gentleman.

What I hope I can convey here is that you have built and maintained a globally-recognized website where people from all over the world can meet, talk, exchange ideas, and become friends. I have several great friends because of this website. You see, that’s the key to what this is all about. People are brought together with a common interest and friendships are built, lives are changed, and people can become better by virtue of the friendly environment here and the people they meet.

Keep up the great work Doug, and remember that we are not just board members, we are your friends.

Tom.

Doug, I can assure you that you did not disappoint anyone. You should be very proud of what you have achieved with this web site. The great group of people here are nothing more than a reflection of the values of our captain. I have met so many wonderful people on this site, I can't thank you enough for what you have given in time and money to make it possiable! I love this place and the people who call it home. See you in Arkansas in a few weeks!
beerchug.gif

Dammit, it sounds like you guys had some fun. If it wasn't so cold at the end of April I might have made the ride down. I think it snowed one of the days the bash was on!!
all_coholic.gif

Back