Captain's Bash Report

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I had a 15 hour drive home, I spent all day outside working in the yard and I am still having trouble putting my feelings into words. I know what I want to say but I can't seem to find the right words to really express my thoughts... I read Shawn's post earlier and I think that he and I are struggling with the same problem... The only think I know to do is put it out there and hope that you understand and can relate to my message.

First I hope that you all were not dissapointed in me, I know that many have been suprised that I am not a crochity old man. I'm going bald, have a gut and a dry sense of humor.... I have hidden behind the board for years and just last fall stepped out and went to Eureka, I loved meeting everyone and it was awesome.... This year at the bash my goal was to put faces, screen names and avatars together... I met a whole group of fantastic people. I have been reluctant over the years to get out there and meet you folks honestly because I have been afraid that I would dissapoint you all, there is no way that I am the guy that you all think I am......

I got to Robbinsville about 8:30pm on Thurs, Ozzy met me out front of the hotel to unload the bike and he ask's me if I want the good news or bad news first... He tells me about Doyle's dad and Shawn going down... We went to Hal's trailer and the guys already had the bike apart and Shawn was at the ER getting checked out.... I watched 5 guys pulling parts and working on the bike and another 10 guys at the doors offering suggestions and waiting, anticipating the chance to help work on Bessie... It wasn't where a couple of guys felt they had to fix the bike, there was an entire group of men with a true desire to see their friend have the opportunity to ride the next day..... I stood in the back and watched this all play out, men looking out for other men, unconditional giving...... I was taken back by it all and to tell you the truth really excited that I was a part of it.... I never picked up a wrench but I new that if there was anything I could do I would have......

I experienced so many personal triumphs at this meeting that you all have no idea what your involvement was in many of them.... I have been struggling in my personal life with many "other" things, we all have them.. Work, work, work, you know how it goes..... I sat around with you folks and realised that I was actually a part of something greater than the sum of any one indvidual....

I am humbled and actually a little embarrassed by the hospitality that I received... I was reluctant to go to the bash because I know that I am a simple man, just a guy behind a keyboard... I see guys like professor, GSXcite, MC Mustang and all the other wrenches out there that know all about the mods and technical stuff with the bikes..... I just get along, nothing special about me, I know the things that are in my closet and there is no way that I deserved to be treated in the way that you all took care of me there....

I make at least 10 mistakes a day and scrape by with getting myself out of situations.... You folks honestly hold me to a standard that sometimes I dont think that I can ever achieve.... at the end of the day I am just not worthy of the kind words, actions and genorisity that you show me.....

I will tell you this... I have been slaving like a madman with my job, shirts, the house, kids, you know what it's like... I typically don't take vacations so this was an odd thing for me to take off and even go out there...

Friday as we all were riding to Hooters I was in the back of the pack and I watched the other 30 or so  bikes in front of me and I started thinking about exactly what I was doing. I was riding with folks from literally all over the country... people that I chose to get with... Who else in this world would have a group of great people drive for hours to be a part of something like this?? It was a great eye opening moment for me, I was part of something bigger than I could ever make myself.....

Sat I honestly had one of the best times in my entire life.....

Apex
Punisher
Badassbusa03
Daryl and Brink from Roadlok
justintime

I will get the pics out and make sure that I have everyone listed....

You guys may not know it but you were all part of making my day incredible...... The ride on the skyway was just short of heavenly.... I had FUN, I can't tell you the last time I just had fun, no questions, we just went out and rode hard.... THANK YOU for letting me play with you guys.......

The entire trip was great and I can't thank you all for letting me come and be a part of it.... I humbly thank you for your kind words, genorisity and sharing hearts....

I needed to put this out there, you will see some other post with a lot less heartfelt stuff and more fun.....

cap

CAP, I think you just described what this "PLACE OF OURS" really means. I was unfortunate not to be able to go to the BASH and I am envious of all that attended, I will be going to the Meet in Eureka Springs with GSXcite(HAL thank you for this oppurtunity to catch a ride). I am looking forward to experiencing those same things. I will hopefully get to meet you and thank you personally for allowing me to be a part of something this huge. Thanks CAP for all you do.
beerchug.gif

Hey Cap! Thanks for putting it all together and making this a cool place to hang out. You certainly aint what I expected when I met you Sat but thats always a cool part of meeting "screen names". .......hey you are younger and better looking....haha!

I wish I could have met more people Sat evening but after a great ride on the Skyway that evening I went back to camp and had a few brewskies. I'll make it a point to stay where everyone else is staying next time.

Thanks again Cap.....youre the real deal!
beerchug.gif

I was not disappointed in you at all. I enjoyed your company. The Skyway ride was off the meter. I do have a pic from that ride along with others on my myspace page.
Linky

Cap, I know what you mean... I love my bike(s) but sometimes I feel like a total loner because I don't fit in with the hardcore H-D types or the sporty bike boys or the wrenches or the racers and it's twice as bad being a girl.  I do most of my riding alone or with my family which I don't mind considering my skill level.  This past weekend at the Bash opened my eyes to a new level of riders out there and it's all due to the oRg...  You should be proud.

I was going to make that ride on Sat but backed out because I was a little tired and didn't want to hold the group up, being so slow... I'm glad you had a nice ride and I wish I had gone with you guys....  Just wait until next year though...  I'll be right on y'all like white on rice!

Is it just me or does Cap remind anyone of John Cleese?....

Dang....I need a tissue now! Well said cap'n. I think everyone feels that way about the folks on this board. It's not just one or two people that make this a great place to hang out but many.

Helping each other seems to be the common bond between us!

Now how about a group hug?
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Cap, it was a pleasure to meet you. This is a great family that you have created here. I have made so many friends since I joined this family. Anyway, thanks and see ya next year.

Tim

Doug, gotta tell ya that it was a pleasure to meet ya and do some riding with ya!!! and dongt worry, i wont hold the "ozzy bashing" against ya.....

Ozz your a good man and I had great time with ya.... you used your head out there leading the pack and I'm tellin ya that makes me proud. Keep working at the diet and you will finally get that ass to fit in those leathers the wy they are suppossed to..
SHOCKED.gif

(captain @ Apr. 30 2007,22:17) Ozz your a good man and I had great time with ya.... you used your head out there leading the pack and I'm tellin ya that makes me proud. Keep working at the diet and you will finally get that ass to fit in those leathers the wy they are suppossed to..  
SHOCKED.gif
i thought my ass looked damn good in those leathers.......

LET "OZZY BASHING" ROUND 2 BEGIN......

CAp - I'm so glad that you were able to come out and meet everyone, ride with us, and even share the firepit with us!

Because of you and your generosity we have this great forum for all of us to get together virtually. And then we have the opportunity to meet each other because of the .oRG - it's just great!

Because of the .oRg, I've met up with great people that I would have never met otherwise. I enjoy when we can get together and for those local to me, I enjoy going out riding or doing whatever...

Again, I'm glad that you came out and I thank you for everything that you do and have done to make the .oRg such a GREAT place!
beerchug.gif

Pleasure was all mine Cap. I had a blast. Wasn't going to go at first but man, glad I did.
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

Cap well put..... Had a blast, and enjoyed the late night fire pit conversations and watching you lowside a lawn chair was at the top of the list too.

Cap, no-one could say it better than you just did. I know that when I got home after the Bash, I felt like a little kid after realizing that "Christmas" was over. Kind of an empty feeling. Well, time to think about the fall BASH! Thanks again Cap!!!
beerchug.gif

it was great to see you again, CAp
beerchug.gif
once again, i had one of the best times of my life up to now and it is all because of the .org...without your vision and guidance, the board never would have turned into what it is today...thank you for everything you have done to make this happen...i feel honored just to be allowed to be a member and be able to hang out and learn from all of you

Hey Capt, My Brother and I rode that Saturday with that group and that was ONE OF THE BEST RIDES I HAVE HAD, Im at work right now (BIG SURPRISE) and will try to post my GREAT THOUGHTS ABOUT THE BASH. in a later post Cant say HOW GREAT OF A TIME I HAD, meeting people and share time riding and meeting everybody WOW. Thanks EVERYBODY OCT WOULDNT COME FAST ENOUGH.

Jon(Loomis)
Stephen my bro..

Very well said Doug
smile.gif

I left Robbinsville pretty sad that I didn't get to hang with the gang a bit longer, but I also left just smiling and so glad I was a part of it again this year...

The members here mean so much to me...there just aren't words and if I cry to show you emotion, it'll only end up photoshopped and all over the org, so I'll leave it with this -

I love you guys and gals!!! I cannot wait 'til next year
cool.gif

Hate to have missed it this year...........I leave for the Gap in the morning
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

cAp- you know the things that you believe about yourself? The doubts you had because you may not be some "hardcore" racer or wrencher?

Funny how it works out so many years later, but your beliefs and values make H.org what it is, and it's pretty cool huh?

Thanks for being you
beerchug.gif

Have fun at the Gap hbr!!! Wish you'd been there last week, but hopefully next year, right?
smile.gif

Back