Captain got some new software....

Honestly its not very exciting... I have the laser, a sander and a workbench...

I've already shown the laser, but is your sander like this?
hand%20sander%20Hs901.jpg

Or like this?
Drum-Sander1.jpg

And then is your workbench like this?
38+Piece+Deluxe+Workbench.jpg

Or like this?
stock-photo-hand-tools-organized-on-a-pegboard-in-a-home-shop-above-a-workbench-48320230.jpg

You see Cap, we need pics to satisfy are small imaginations...
:please::please:

I've already shown the laser, but is your sander like this?
hand%20sander%20Hs901.jpg

Or like this?
Drum-Sander1.jpg

And then is your workbench like this?
38+Piece+Deluxe+Workbench.jpg

Or like this?
stock-photo-hand-tools-organized-on-a-pegboard-in-a-home-shop-above-a-workbench-48320230.jpg

You see Cap, we need pics to satisfy are small imaginations...
:please::please:

:rofl: Dead on +100000

Awesome cap! I didn't even notice the mud on the Orange one's muddy fender in the picture, but it stands out like a sore thumb on the wood! Weird how it makes you notice other textures of the print... :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup: me too. the detail is really amazing!:thumbsup:

Cap send me a pm about getting something like that, i asked you about the laser etched kanji symbols, definitely interested.

I wanted to see how good we could get the images on wood so I used a few pictures that was taken with my camera from the track this summer. I also used a couple of pics of Semi and Ace so that you could see how good faces can turn out. This is a sheet of Maple 24 x 12.

sheet1.jpg

sheet2.jpg

sheet3.jpg

sheet4.jpg

sheet5.jpg

sheet6.jpg

sheet7.jpg

sheet8.jpg

Last edited:
That's AWESOME Captain! Anyplace we can see these dog tags too? Is that just maple plywood, or solid hardwood?

That's AWESOME Captain! Anyplace we can see these dog tags too? Is that just maple plywood, or solid hardwood?

We use MDF core and several different veneers. The one you are looking at is maple... MDF helps to keep the wood straight and not warp under humid conditions.

So your "lasering" is only a couple thousands deep than, huh? That's super cool. How does the image hold up to staining or Urethane?

Who can name all the people on the sheet? If you were there you can't tell.

So your "lasering" is only a couple thousands deep than, huh? That's super cool. How does the image hold up to staining or Urethane?

When you stain it can take away from the contrast, it depends on the wood we are using though... As far as a urethane, the first pic with the mountains has a thin urethane coat on it...

That is totally sweet! I there a limit to the size you do, as if 12 x 24 isn't big enough. Can you go big on the clear plastic light-up stuff too?

Back